Motorola Backflup Battery Life

This is a discussion on Motorola Backflup Battery Life within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hey everyone, I am just wondering if anyone is having the same problem as me, i will charge my battery completely and it will die ...

Thread: Motorola Backflup Battery Life

Unhappy Motorola Backflup Battery Life

Hey everyone,

I am just wondering if anyone is having the same problem as me, i will charge my battery completely and it will die within 5 hours of being on. I hardly use it, all apps are killed every hour and I have the phone in power saver mode with the backlight on the lowest setting. I also have nothing being able to run in the background. I have recently bought a new battery and charged it for 16 hour charge like i was told to, but even after that the same thing is happening. Any ideas, or anyone having the same problem? Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Sad User

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That is definitely not normal. First thing is I would probably turn off the auto killer. If you truly "hardly use it" it should definitely last at least a day if not more since I'm pretty sure the lowest battery mode disables data when the screen is off.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

It says when i check the battery tester and it says that the screen uses most of the battery like 62% just wondering if this was normal. Why would turning off the auto killer help?

If the screen is using that much of your battery you could try lowering your brightness or making sure the screen isn't staying on (try lowering the screen timeout).

Disabling the task killer may benefit some since some apps are designed to just restart and if the phone is sitting idle, apps staying in memory shouldn't really be a problem. I'm definitely not an advocate for auto killers.

Yeah thanks I have the screen timeout already at very low i think its two minutes. Now atleast three times a day i have to reset the phone because it is slow as anything and can barely do anything. I mean it will take atleast 2 minutes to open my contacts. Any ideas on this new problem? Thanks for your help so far

If you're meaning that after turning off your task killer, then you can try using an app like Autokiller Memory Optimizer which lets you adjust the memory threshold at which Android will kill apps to free up more memory.

Uhm well i never actually deleted it i just took it off of auto kill and not because of this my phone has just been slowing down a lot. I have already tried turning the task killer on and off

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    If you're meaning that after turning off your task killer, then you can try using an app like Autokiller Memory Optimizer which lets you adjust the memory threshold at which Android will kill apps to free up more memory.
    Indeed... That is probably the best idea. You need root to use it, but it's a brilliant tool. You can also do this with "Spare Parts" from the market.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

oh, that is a good idea. just do that!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links