Backflip Owners' Roll Call!

This is a discussion on Backflip Owners' Roll Call! within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I just got my Backflip last Friday. Rooted it on Saturday. Life doesn't get much better than this!...

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip Owners' Roll Call!

I just got my Backflip last Friday. Rooted it on Saturday. Life doesn't get much better than this!

I have a backflip (again) for the second time..the iPhone is just played out to me! Tired of it!

got mine 3 days after it came out because my contract. love it but still waiting for 2.1. yes i know its coming out soon but grrr

heres a jump for you guys. I was not really into phones. My current at the time was a pantech matrix. That died at the beach one day when high tide took my phone. So i went to my old one i had earlier the lg shine (oh god i know) the screen cracked when i was in the hosipital. So i got a free backflip off the website (refurbished) but still like brand new. Needless to say im obssessed now. Haha

I'm not a real new owner, but I just found these forums tonight, thought I'd throw up a post to introduce myself. I've had my BF for about 3 months now. I like it, but waiting for 2.1 like everyone else. I could do with a few less bugs, though. I haven't rooted mine, but I seriously think about doing it often, just wish it were a little less involved for this phone. Anyway, I'll try to hang around and help answer some of the more simple questions as I'm not a dev or anything, just a hooked/researched Android fan.

Edit: Just decided to root last night. All good! Now I'm just looking for ways to play with the new freedom; already got rid of some of the bloatware and running a bit more smooth. Gonna wait for official 2.1, though, I rely on this phone for work too much to have it screwed up. Thanks to all who contributed help in the root thread!

Hi all, my girlfriend and I have had the backflip since they were released. Before that we had basic generic sliders, and those craptacular LG Neons. I must say, I'm impressed with the backflip, even though it's considered bottom of the barrel as far as android phones are concerned. I haven't had any issues with speed at all, pretty much everything I use it for runs smoothly. (app games, photography, messaging, browsing) Though the browsing is a bit slow, but it doesn't bother me that much. The only issue I've really had with mine is the battery life. Add 3 or 4 widgets and it drains insanely fast. I had to charge it an average of twice per day until I got sick of all that and wiped it. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with my backflip.

Hi guys. I ordered my (refurbished) backflip a few days ago and I'll get it tomorrow, it shipped out today. I got free overnight shipping due to the holidays. I'm really excited about it. Even though I've read numerous complaints about the phone, I know that I can root it, update it with 2.1 now that it's out and clean out all the bloatware... That should help with performance and bugs. I'll certainly be hanging around this and the motorola forum for a bit. Belated Merry Christmas! :D

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by xdunlapx View Post
    Hi guys. I ordered my (refurbished) backflip a few days ago and I'll get it tomorrow, it shipped out today. I got free overnight shipping due to the holidays. I'm really excited about it. Even though I've read numerous complaints about the phone, I know that I can root it, update it with 2.1 now that it's out and clean out all the bloatware... That should help with performance and bugs. I'll certainly be hanging around this and the motorola forum for a bit. Belated Merry Christmas! :D
    Welcome to the forums!

Thank you!

Hi ATTdroids. I bought my backflip (ebay, $135) in Nov to replace my old Palm Treo. Immediately installed Moto 2.1, then used Sideloader Wonder Machine to install Z4root, then bought Titanium Backup Pro and froze all of the AT&T junk, and froze the Market updater BC I didn't like the update. It works pretty good. I am still looking for a good overclock app. I found the custom Eclair 2.1 ROM with tethering and multi-touch, plus there is an overclocking kernal for it, but I am not brave enough yet to attempt it! Anybody overclocked the Moto/AT&T 2.1 OS yet? Thanks! Harrel

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links