Backflip Owners' Roll Call!

This is a discussion on Backflip Owners' Roll Call! within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by MrHorsepower Hi ATTdroids. I bought my backflip (ebay, $135) in Nov to replace my old Palm Treo. Immediately installed Moto 2.1, then ...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Backflip Owners' Roll Call!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHorsepower View Post
    Hi ATTdroids. I bought my backflip (ebay, $135) in Nov to replace my old Palm Treo. Immediately installed Moto 2.1, then used Sideloader Wonder Machine to install Z4root, then bought Titanium Backup Pro and froze all of the AT&T junk, and froze the Market updater BC I didn't like the update. It works pretty good. I am still looking for a good overclock app. I found the custom Eclair 2.1 ROM with tethering and multi-touch, plus there is an overclocking kernal for it, but I am not brave enough yet to attempt it! Anybody overclocked the Moto/AT&T 2.1 OS yet? Thanks! Harrel
    They work pretty well AFAIK. Also, as long as you keep the overclock modest, you won't have any issues at all. Welcome to ATTDroids!

Hi ATTdroids. I bought my backflip (ebay, $135) in Nov to replace my old Palm Treo. Immediately installed Moto 2.1, then used Sideloader Wonder Machine to install Z4root, then bought Titanium Backup Pro and froze all of the AT&T junk, and froze the Market updater BC I didn't like the update. It works pretty good. I am still looking for a good overclock app. I found the custom Eclair 2.1 ROM with tethering and multi-touch, plus there is an overclocking kernal for it, but I am not brave enough yet to attempt it! Anybody overclocked the Moto/AT&T 2.1 OS yet? Thanks! Harrel
    I have a rooted backflip also running android 2.1 eclair. When using Titanium Backup what junk from AT&T do I freeze so my phone can have better performance. Help on this please, anyone have a tutorial?

Whatever you do, don't freeze 'home'. That makes the home screen a black screen. Luckily, pressing the home button several times activates the voice launch feature, and I said 'titanium backup', and it started up! Then I unfroze 'home' and was back in business. So I dodged that bullet. I have 32 NATIVE BACKFLIP APPS FROZEN. Now, when I hold click to make a new shortcut, and click on applications, the long list of apps pops up very fast! I am sure that the phone is much faster! I wish I had benchmarked it before hand. If you want a list of what I froze, let me know, I will post it. I am happy! I really like my MOTO Backflip.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Whatever you do, don't freeze 'home'. That makes the home screen a black screen. Luckily, pressing the home button several times activates the voice launch feature, and I said 'titanium backup', and it started up! Then I unfroze 'home' and was back in business. So I dodged that bullet. I have 32 NATIVE BACKFLIP APPS FROZEN. Now, when I hold click to make a new shortcut, and click on applications, the long list of apps pops up very fast! I am sure that the phone is much faster! I wish I had benchmarked it before hand. If you want a list of what I froze, let me know, I will post it. I am happy! I really like my MOTO Backflip.
    Download LauncherPro and then freeze BlurHome. Then see what kind of performance you get... no more choppy scrolling in the app drawer.

Yes please post a list of what you froze from at&t on your phone. Thanks alot I appreciate this. I really like my backflip too!!

My functional frozen apps list, so far. I now have a faster phone that works how I want it to work.

adservice
    at&t maps
    at&t navigator
    at&t radio
    at&t wifi hotspots
    blur.res.2.1-update1
    Happenings2.1-update1
    IM 02.00
    IM offline service 2.1-update1
    Market Updater 1.0
    mobile banking
    mobile video
    mobiTV
    motoblur calendar service 2.1-update1
    motoblur megamaid 2.1-update1
    motoblur services 2.1-update1
    motoblur social sharing 2.1-update1
    motoblur storage monitor 2.1-update1
    musicID
    quick contact 2.1-update1
    social messaging 2.1-update1
    social messaging service 2.1-update1
    social status 2.1-update1
    universal inbox 2.1-update1
    where 1.9.6

I use ES Task Manager to kill all apps, then launch what I use, to see what runs it.
    I also use Cache Cleaner. If an app is slow to load, stop it and clean the cache, then it loads quickly.
    I did have a weird issue at first. The phone would only ring audibly if I set it to Ring Only w no CID. After a reboot, it is working normal.
    Also, a great shortcut to create (IMO) is Facebook Phonebook. It is in the Folders section.

Hi. Titanium Backup doesn't show Blurhome on the MB300, only blur.res.2.1-update1. I have every 'blur' and 'motoblur' frozen.

My functional frozen apps list, so far. I now have a faster phone that works how I want it to work.

adservice
    at&t maps
    at&t navigator
    at&t radio
    at&t wifi hotspots
    blur.res.2.1-update1
    Happenings2.1-update1
    IM 02.00
    IM offline service 2.1-update1
    Market Updater 1.0
    mobile banking
    mobile video
    mobiTV
    motoblur calendar service 2.1-update1
    motoblur megamaid 2.1-update1
    motoblur services 2.1-update1
    motoblur social sharing 2.1-update1
    motoblur storage monitor 2.1-update1
    musicID
    quick contact 2.1-update1
    social messaging 2.1-update1
    social messaging service 2.1-update1
    social status 2.1-update1
    universal inbox 2.1-update1
    where 1.9.6

I use ES Task Manager to kill all apps, then launch what I use, to see what runs it.
    I also use Cache Cleaner. If an app is slow to load, stop it and clean the cache, then it loads quickly.
    I did have a weird issue at first. The phone would only ring audibly if I set it to Ring Only w no CID. After a reboot, it is working normal.
    Also, a great shortcut to create (IMO) is Facebook Phonebook. It is in the Folders section.
    Thanks for the list MrHorsepower! Do I backup them first then freeze them or just freeze them?

Quote Originally Posted by blackandorange View Post
    Thanks for the list MrHorsepower! Do I backup them first then freeze them or just freeze them?
    Either way, you choose... Titanium Backup's 'freeze' only hides the app from the phone so it can't execute. It doesn't delete it. I played with freezing first, then I did the backup, but perhaps you should backup first in case something accidentally gets deleted.

HOWEVER! Joel tells me that factory apps cannot be restored, once deleted. TB has a legend for the color of text to tell which apps are OEM.

'It's quite easy to identify the bloatware that you can safely un-install: just try to "freeze" it first, and if everything remains okay with your phone, just un-install it a couple days later.
    As long as you are careful *not* to un-install any critical app such as Phone (because Titanium Backup does *not* backup apps that are part of the ROM) you will be safe. The only issues (with some manufacturers) is that OTA (over the air) updates might not apply if you have removed some of their bloatware. In that case, you can still "freeze" the bloatware.'

Joel Bourquard, author of Titanium Backup. http://matrixrewriter.com/wiki/

I've had the backflip for almost a year now. I hate it! It's the worst phone I've ever had! It's a total P.O.s. its so slow I'm always waiting and frustrated. Its always calling people I don't want to call, won't call when I want to, runs programs when I don't want to, I could go on and on. Bottom line I would toss this piece of crap oin the trash if I could afford another phone. I would not recommend this phone, don't waste your money, it feels like you're working on an old 386 .

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links