Backflip Owners' Roll Call!

This is a discussion on Backflip Owners' Roll Call! within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Just received my used but new to me Bakflip, cool phone! Big step up from my 2 year old winmob phone. Why does ATT think ...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Backflip Owners' Roll Call!

Just received my used but new to me Bakflip, cool phone! Big step up from my 2 year old winmob phone.
    Why does ATT think it needs a bunch of apps noone uses.
    Hope someone can tell me why back ground data has to be enabled for an install from the Appmarket to work?
    I believe I will root this phone.

got this phone handed down by my wife whom she upgraded to the Samsung G2. with the apps that this phone has compared to my WM6.5, this phone rocks. hope to get it running faster and using more of the apps that I need to enjoy this phone.

Name:  happy.gif
Views: 118
Size:  372 Bytes

Tell your friends the cool spots you go to!

We make it easy for you to check in on Facebook Places. Two taps and you're done. Your friends will see your check-in on their Facebook news feed.

You can also text your location directly to your friends. Makes it easy to coordinate your get-togethers!

I own the Sprint EPIC 4G as my main phone, but I also use a GSM phone for when I'm overseas. I'm thinking of buying a Backflip for this purpose off EBay or something.

For all the TELUS Motorola Backflip owners out there who are waiting for the next upgrade, it’s coming soon. Kinda. Motorola has posted a note on their support forum that this coming Monday 200 lucky Canadians will be fortunate enough to get the latest release before it’s officially made public. The upgrade will not be Android OS 2.1 but will include the following: Improved Text Messaging, Bluetooth Improvements, Enhanced “Contacts” Feature, Improved Stability, Improved Battery Life, Improved Streaming Audio & Video Playback, Phone Application Improvements (to avoid occasional “Call Ended” notifications).
    Moto states that “On Monday August 23rd we will have an optional early software release available for the Motorola Backflip from TELUS! Our goal is to have 200 customers test and provide feedback on the software before it is officially released to all customers! We will be making the preview software available via an over-the-air update from 10 am EST until we reach 200 users”. If you want in on this all you have to do is from your home screen hit the Menu > Settings > About phone > System Update.
    Good luck to the 200 chosen ones, let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by bushgeroge551 View Post

For all the TELUS Motorola Backflip owners out there who are waiting for the next upgrade, it’s coming soon. Kinda. Motorola has posted a note on their support forum that this coming Monday 200 lucky Canadians will be fortunate enough to get the latest release before it’s officially made public. The upgrade will not be Android OS 2.1 but will include the following: Improved Text Messaging, Bluetooth Improvements, Enhanced “Contacts” Feature, Improved Stability, Improved Battery Life, Improved Streaming Audio & Video Playback, Phone Application Improvements (to avoid occasional “Call Ended” notifications).
    Moto states that “On Monday August 23rd we will have an optional early software release available for the Motorola Backflip from TELUS! Our goal is to have 200 customers test and provide feedback on the software before it is officially released to all customers! We will be making the preview software available via an over-the-air update from 10 am EST until we reach 200 users”. If you want in on this all you have to do is from your home screen hit the Menu > Settings > About phone > System Update.
    Good luck to the 200 chosen ones, let us know how it goes.
    Welcome to the site. Thanks for the update.

Name:  blabla.gif
Views: 113
Size:  42 Bytes

Telus Blackflip owners waiting patiently for an OS update will have to wait a little longer unless they are part of the chosen few. Telus announced that 200 users will receive the OS update before the official release. This offer doesn’t come without strings attached. The selected ‘evaluators’ will need to provide feedback on any glitches back to Motorola. Another kicker is that this is not an update to Android OS 2.1. The update is said to address the following:

• Improved Text Messaging
    • Bluetooth Improvements
    • Enhanced “Contacts” Feature
    • Improved Stability
    • Improved Battery Life
    • Improved Streaming Audio & Video Playback
    • Phone Application Improvements (to avoid occasional “Call Ended” notifications)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links