Backflip Owners' Roll Call!

This is a discussion on Backflip Owners' Roll Call! within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I got mine yesterday. I had never heard of it before yesterday morning. I walked into my local ATT store to purchase an iPhone to ...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip Owners' Roll Call!

I got mine yesterday. I had never heard of it before yesterday morning. I walked into my local ATT store to purchase an iPhone to replace my LG VU (that I accidentally washed) and the salesguy talked me into this one. I was actually complaining b/c I said I "really" wish ATT offered an Android phone and he said "well here you go then!"

I love the heck out of it, I think it's a terrific phone - I've read some complaining about the slow processor but I just don't see it. So far so good!

Quote Originally Posted by sullie View Post
    I got mine yesterday. I had never heard of it before yesterday morning. I walked into my local ATT store to purchase an iPhone to replace my LG VU (that I accidentally washed) and the salesguy talked me into this one. I was actually complaining b/c I said I "really" wish ATT offered an Android phone and he said "well here you go then!"

I love the heck out of it, I think it's a terrific phone - I've read some complaining about the slow processor but I just don't see it. So far so good!
    Awesome, I hope you enjoy it. I myself came from an Iphone and love the change. I have not noticed the slow processor either. I would assume though the more widgets you have that require data connection the slower it could cause the phone, so I only use what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    My local AT&T store jumped the gun and let me buy one a day early.

I am coming from a Samsung Eternity (all touch, no physical keyboard, non-smart phone).

I didn't realize how rubbery the screen on the Eternity was until I used it side by side with the Backflip. The Backflip screen is a lot more sensitive and requires a much lighter touch.

Looking at pics of the phone I thought the backtrack was silly, but I find myself using it whenever the phone is in the open position. I really like it for web browsing and scrolling long screens while reading.

Initial dislikes:

Can't create play lists with the included music player.

Can't delete multiple e-mails or texts at once. You have to open the text or e-mail and then delete it, can't delete from list view.

You can delete entire 'conversations' once that conversation is open.

I was really bummed when I first got the phone b/c I thought you had to delete them one at a time and I get hundreds of text messages per day from my servers at work (low memory, low disk, low processor %, backup success, backup failed, blah, blah.)

But, I found that you actually you can delete mulitple text messages!!! Do this:

1.) Click the messaging icon
    2.) Click the text message icon
    3.) Click the "four square" button (lower left)
    4.) Delete All Conversations

I just need to scan through the subject lines, I don't need to open each one so I just scan them from this screen and delete them all when finished.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Yes you can delete EVERY conversation at once, what you can't do without opening them is delete selected conversations, keeping the ones you want.

I installed Handcent from the Market and it has a batch mode that allows you to check which conversations you want to delete and keep the ones you want. This fixed text messaging for me.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Yes you can delete EVERY conversation at once, what you can't do without opening them is delete selected conversations, keeping the ones you want.

I installed Handcent from the Market and it has a batch mode that allows you to check which conversations you want to delete and keep the ones you want. This fixed text messaging for me.
    D'oh, I see now.

Sounds like a handy app, I'll have to check that out, thanks.

Ok, so I bought my Backflip on Sunday, I too as some others are coming from the Samsung Eternity (I will never, ever, get another touch only phone!) and couldn't wait for the Droid phone. I'm loving it for the most part. What I'm having issues about is the texting. It is soooo slow! I love how the conversation is all there, but when I'm trying to respond, the message block doesn't enter as I'm typing. There is a SERIOUS delay! Sometimes it seems like it also freezes a moment while others are texting me. Surely receiving a text doesn't hinder sending one?

Quote Originally Posted by deejfive View Post
    Ok, so I bought my Backflip on Sunday, I too as some others are coming from the Samsung Eternity (I will never, ever, get another touch only phone!) and couldn't wait for the Droid phone. I'm loving it for the most part. What I'm having issues about is the texting. It is soooo slow! I love how the conversation is all there, but when I'm trying to respond, the message block doesn't enter as I'm typing. There is a SERIOUS delay! Sometimes it seems like it also freezes a moment while others are texting me. Surely receiving a text doesn't hinder sending one?
    I have not witnessed this. Have you tried powering off the phone and pulling the battery, waiting 1 minute, then powering the phone back up?

Are you using alot of widgets on the homescreen that require constant data access?

I'm probably not as saavy as some of the users in this forum. For example the limited apps is not an issue for me because i didn't have any. Can't miss what you never had...with that being said, I have not touched my widget screen, so whatever it came with open is what's there. I'll try and get rid of some and see if there's a difference.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deejfive View Post
    I'm probably not as saavy as some of the users in this forum. For example the limited apps is not an issue for me because i didn't have any. Can't miss what you never had...with that being said, I have not touched my widget screen, so whatever it came with open is what's there. I'll try and get rid of some and see if there's a difference.
    Thanks
    Yes I would get rid of the ones you don't use, because the one's that come pre-loaded like news, weather for example are constantly getting data usage.

Got rid of the widgets, still soooo slow!! Also I keep getting the following message:
    application text messageing (in process com.motorola.blur.conversations) is not responding. Force Close Wait
    Am I the only one having this issue?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links