Backflip Owners' Roll Call!

This is a discussion on Backflip Owners' Roll Call! within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I got mine about a week before it came out and loving it. :blur:...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip Owners' Roll Call!

I got mine about a week before it came out and loving it. :blur:

I initially noticed the slowness people complained about, but now my phone is running pretty good.

Anyway the screen is super sensitive. Some times it actually clicks on something when I dont even hit the screen. I even noticed a hair had got on the screen earlier and it refused to fade to black and put key lock on.

I came over from an Pantech Duo and Pantech Reveal. Had the Duo for 2 years and got the Reval as my upgrade for about a week and exchanged it for the Backflip after being a bit disappointed in the functionality of the Reveal. Good phone, just limited and a bit clumsy in certain departments.

got mine last Sunday, took a bit of reading on ATT website but tutorials pretty good and now I've got it mostly figured out and loving it...as I have said in other threads, knew I'd like Android, keyboard, but surprised how much I like backtrack

it was cool that blur imported facebook friends into contacts

I have to say almost NO ONE knows about this phone, including some real gadget geeks at my office and they all seem pleasantly surprised by it, like keyboard...I think ATT or Motorola or timing or something screwed up on promoting this phone...people know Pre, people know Droid etc, and they know Nexus but this phone is a great value for what most users probably want and yet no one know about it. I was looking for smart phone in Feb haven't waited patiently for rush of smart phones...kinda liked the Pre and other Android phones but saw CES coverage of Backflip and decided to wait for it, was an Tmobile and didn't want to change but ended up happy it was ATT as my partner has Iphone and could get a big discount thru work so we have shared plan now...

I agree, the marketing been very weak. My friends dad has been waiting to drop is iphone for a droid when it came to AT&T. He a linux engineer for a payroll company, and yet didnt have a clue there was a droid on AT&T until my friend/his daughter told him.

Now get this, I was watching a design show on HGTV and there was a TV ad for backflip and what did it emphasize...MotoBlur by having a fake news announcer serioulsy announce frivilous social networking updates....what, did Moto do an ad for the Cliq and repurpose it for the backflip? Not that decent chunk of people that might be interested in this phone would want it for mostly social networking...but what about Android and the hardware design? The channel/show I was watching might be geared towards women, but not likely 17-22 yr olds, more like 35 yr olds with house and family...so instead of mocking social networking, why not show women connnecting with kids and or other moms, like bragging about scrap booking or something...and why emphasize blur anyways, at least initially? does not seem to be main appeal.

Did ATT and Motorola forget this was an Android phone...

I got my back flip the day they were released. I've tried several of the apps and like a lot of the features.
    The unlock screen is a pain sometimes. I push the correct buttons and get the wrong signal.
    So far that is the only flaw I've discovered.
    I really like it and am a satisfied user.

Never really added my name to this list. I ordered my Backflip the day it came out, since stupid AT&T didn't allow preorders.

Funny story, I actually got into an argument with the customer service people, I couldn't understand why they wouldn't allow preorders, it made no sense. I said, why list a phone on your site, and then not allow me to order it until Sunday, which means I won't have it until Wednesday at the earliest! They told me I could go to the store, but I wanted my business class discount, lol.

So yea, proud owner, having fun discovering all the cool things I can do with the OS. It was this or the Iphone for me, and I chose this because I already have an Ipod Touch.

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Got my Sunday on release day. Came from a crappy Samsung Impression and wasted my upgrade option for it back in August, so I was stuck having to pay full price for the Backflip, which I don't entirely regret. First time Android user and love it, even if it is crippled or restricted. I'm hoping 2.1 will resolve some of the minor issues that I've noticing with the phone, but the overall functionality of the phone is probably one of the best OS I've seen. I've been a dedicated Symbian user and chose this phone over the Nokia X6. I love Motoblur and the widgets.

I wish the screen was larger.

I also bought the Case Mate case protector for it. Don't really make bulky. But I still bought a universal leather case for it.

I got mine on Friday last (3/12). I'm loving it so far. I don't like the Yahoo Widget, so i just removed it...

I removed all of the original widgets and started from scratch:
    http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/1765/homeuo.png

I was using Open Home in this shot, but switched back to original home as I cant stand not having a contact and dialer button stashed away at the bottom of the phone where its not wasting home screen space. Also trying to do a custom icon pack for the standard icons.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links