Backflip Owners' Roll Call!

This is a discussion on Backflip Owners' Roll Call! within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; OK, who out there now owns a Backflip. If you own one (or have ordered one) chime in!...

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip Owners' Roll Call!

Admin

Cool Backflip Owners' Roll Call!

OK, who out there now owns a Backflip. If you own one (or have ordered one) chime in!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar

I've got one!

My local AT&T store jumped the gun and let me buy one a day early.

I am coming from a Samsung Eternity (all touch, no physical keyboard, non-smart phone).

I didn't realize how rubbery the screen on the Eternity was until I used it side by side with the Backflip. The Backflip screen is a lot more sensitive and requires a much lighter touch.

Looking at pics of the phone I thought the backtrack was silly, but I find myself using it whenever the phone is in the open position. I really like it for web browsing and scrolling long screens while reading.

Initial dislikes:

Can't create play lists with the included music player.

Can't delete multiple e-mails or texts at once. You have to open the text or e-mail and then delete it, can't delete from list view.

You can delete entire 'conversations' once that conversation is open.

I got mine yesterday

I got mine yesterday. I called on Thursday to make sure they were going to be available...my conversation went like this:
    AT&T Rep: AT&T, how my I help you?
    Me: Yes, I was wondering if you guys were going to have the backflip available on Sunday when they are released.
    AT&T Rep: Uhhh, um...the backflip? We'll know when we get a shipment.
    Me: So I'm guessing you haven't gotten a shipment yet?
    AT&T Rep: No.
    Me: When do you normally get shipments for new phones that come out on Sundays.
    AT&T Rep: Normally on Wednesday.
    Me: But today is Thursday.
    AT&T Rep: Right, and we will know by Wednesday.
    Me: But they come out on Sunday.
    AT&T Rep: Uh huh, and we will know by Wednesday.

Needless to say, she didn't know what she was talking about. All I know is that I have one now. I also came from the samsung eternity, and all I can say is this phone is awesome compared to it!

Im glad you like it, I love mine, Corp. stores had there phone last week so the girl didnt know what she was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by detectiveVIC View Post
    I got mine yesterday. I called on Thursday to make sure they were going to be available...my conversation went like this:
    AT&T Rep: AT&T, how my I help you?
    Me: Yes, I was wondering if you guys were going to have the backflip available on Sunday when they are released.
    AT&T Rep: Uhhh, um...the backflip? We'll know when we get a shipment.
    Me: So I'm guessing you haven't gotten a shipment yet?
    AT&T Rep: No.
    Me: When do you normally get shipments for new phones that come out on Sundays.
    AT&T Rep: Normally on Wednesday.
    Me: But today is Thursday.
    AT&T Rep: Right, and we will know by Wednesday.
    Me: But they come out on Sunday.
    AT&T Rep: Uh huh, and we will know by Wednesday.

Needless to say, she didn't know what she was talking about. All I know is that I have one now. I also came from the samsung eternity, and all I can say is this phone is awesome compared to it!

LOL! I love it... that's great. Must love the intelligence level on that one! I went in Saturday and talked to them about the phone and even going on Sunday when I got it -- it seemed that I knew more about the phone then the sales reps did! But nontheless, I still got one. Sadly I'll have to go back and probably exchange it... but we should be okay afterwards, I HOPE!!

Admin
    Awesome guys, glad to have a few more owners on board!

Got mine today. Still a bit of a learning curve for me. My last two phones were iPhone OG, and iPhone 3G. I'm thoroughly enjoying the Android OS, as it's a heck of a lot faster than iPhone OS. However, I am very disappointed that AT&T has limited the open-source capabilities by not allowing applications from unknown sources. Also, I find that all the information it draws, from it's multiple sources, gets a bit cluttered in the contact information, and certain aspects are locked, due to the type of account you're syncing. I guess it's something I'll have to look deeper into, or just deal with. Otherwise, a great product so far.

Got my Backflip on release day for $99 (w/o rebate). I'm also upset about their decision to lock out "untrusted" apps. Thank heaven for the SDK workaround. Does anyone know if the QVGA video capture is a hardware or a software limitation? That is my biggest disappointment w/ the phone. Other than that, I've been pretty pleased. Too bad they loaded it up w/ all those crappy AT&T apps though. I think some (all?) of them can be removed with the SDK as well. We'll see...

gwalborn

Quote Originally Posted by gwalborn View Post
    Got my Backflip on release day for $99 (w/o rebate). I'm also upset about their decision to lock out "untrusted" apps. Thank heaven for the SDK workaround. Does anyone know if the QVGA video capture is a hardware or a software limitation? That is my biggest disappointment w/ the phone. Other than that, I've been pretty pleased. Too bad they loaded it up w/ all those crappy AT&T apps though. I think some (all?) of them can be removed with the SDK as well. We'll see...

gwalborn
    Hey qwalborn, welcome to the forums!! I hope you enjoy your phone. I will look up the QVGA question and see if I can get you an answer.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links