Help w/ RSS feed

This is a discussion on Help w/ RSS feed within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I'd like to have the RSS feed for this forum on my home screen, but I can't seem to get the "News" widget to subscribe. ...

Thread: Help w/ RSS feed

Help w/ RSS feed

I'd like to have the RSS feed for this forum on my home screen, but I can't seem to get the "News" widget to subscribe. Has anyone had any success with this?

gwalborn

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by gwalborn View Post
    I'd like to have the RSS feed for this forum on my home screen, but I can't seem to get the "News" widget to subscribe. Has anyone had any success with this?

gwalborn
    Gwalborn. What are you putting in for an address for the RSS feed. They can be obtained by clicking on quick links above then selecting RSS feeds and then select the category that you wish. Then add that link into the widget.

By "quick link", do you mean the .)) symbol above? When I click on that, I get a list of postings and an offer to subscribe (on my desktop machine, of course). If I run the "News" widget and click on "Add Feed" it asks for a URL or a web site. If I put in "http://www.backflipforums.com", it says that it found a RSS feed and offers to add it to the news reader. When I push subscribe, I get a message that says "Error! Try again later".

gwalborn

By "quick link", do you mean the .)) symbol above? When I click on that, I get a list of postings and an offer to subscribe (on my desktop machine, of course). If I run the "News" widget and click on "Add Feed" it asks for a URL or a web site. If I put in "http://www.backflipforums.com", it says that it found a RSS feed and offers to add it to the news reader. When I push subscribe, I get a message that says "Error! Try again later".

gwalborn
    Ok so above this forum there is an RSS quick link. When you click on that it will display a url of http://www.backflipforums.com/forum/external.php, which is what you put into your news reader.

That will be for the forums. If you want access to other parts of the site or individual parts then click on the menu above called quick links then select RSS and it will break everything down into the the different feeds.

That URL does NOT work in my news widget. Are you saying it works in yours?

gwalborn

That URL does NOT work in my news widget. Are you saying it works in yours?

gwalborn
    That's correct it does work on mine. Make sure YOU DO NOT type HTTP:// yourself just start with www. because the program automatically does the HTTP:// so if you type it, it will end up being HTTP://HTTP://www. and it won't recognize it.

Sorry, that still does not work for my. I get '! Error - Try again later' when I click on "Add RSS feed" and put in 'www.backflipforums.com/forums/external.php'. Any way I can send screen shots? Maybe you'd recognize the problem.

gwalborn

Sorry, that still does not work for my. I get '! Error - Try again later' when I click on "Add RSS feed" and put in 'www.backflipforums.com/forums/external.php'. Any way I can send screen shots? Maybe you'd recognize the problem.

gwalborn
    Yes if you can take a picture with a digital camera and post them here.

Well, maybe I should have tried "again later"... :-) I tried the same today and it worked! Perhaps there were network issues. Thank you for your help!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links