Green charging light

This is a discussion on Green charging light within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by marvin The phone works differently when charging from a wall charger or connected to a computer. I have a question posted in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green charging light

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    The phone works differently when charging from a wall charger or connected to a computer. I have a question posted in the Motorola Support Forum about this. I am waiting for one of the moderators/Moto employees to answer.

This is my experience:

When using the wall charger and the phone is off you will see the green light. With the phone on, no green light around the port. With a wall charger and the phone off pressing the power key briefly displays a screen with a big green battery and the charging status.

If you connect to a computer with the provided cable the phone will restart immediately if turned off, if plugged in while off it will turn on. No green light around the port.
    See mine was acting weird (granted right now it's working fine - thank goodness). My light stayed on no matter what, all day yesterday (the day before I had a different Backflip that I had to exchange and it did not do this). I tried to wall charge it and it did not pick anything up. With nothing plugged into it (not even hooked up to the computer), I powered it down. As soon as I did so, it powered itself back on. Given this, I had to pull the battery and put it back in for it to remain off. Then, I was able to wall charge it. Now, today. It is working great - the little green light has not come on and battery power is still at 100% after being on 10 hours now. Yesterday it drained almost completely in only 8 hours.

Hopefully this won't happen to me again.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    When I just plug a cable into mine with it off or on and the cable not connected at the other end it does nothing.

I noticed this today. When the phone gets over 90% charge the light goes out. It still charges the phone to 100% though.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    I noticed this today. When the phone gets over 90% charge the light goes out. It still charges the phone to 100% though.
    I was doing some plugging and unplugging of the cable and had thought that the green light did not come on when connected to the computer. But later, when the battery had less charge, I saw that it was on.

Maybe if we ever get an actual user's manual we'll know exactly how it's supposed to work.

This may seem small, but a feature i noticed this morning after forgetting to plug my phone up. Once your charge falls below 15% the green light around the micro usb starts flashing. Once the phone is at 90% the green light will go off and flash less and less until its full. Pretty cool way to tell your phone is going dead without having to look at the battery indicator.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links