Odd Question

This is a discussion on Odd Question within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Ok i know this is an odd quesiton, but I'm new to the Android experience. My quesiton is, Is there a program I install on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd Question

Odd Question

Ok i know this is an odd quesiton, but I'm new to the Android experience. My quesiton is, Is there a program I install on my PC to move apps and such around on my phone? Sorta like Itunes is for my ipod touch? I downloaded Droid explorer because I thought that was it, but it doesn't recgonize my Backflip for some reason.

Any help here? How do you sync the phone to your pc?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Vardar View Post
    Ok i know this is an odd quesiton, but I'm new to the Android experience. My quesiton is, Is there a program I install on my PC to move apps and such around on my phone? Sorta like Itunes is for my ipod touch? I downloaded Droid explorer because I thought that was it, but it doesn't recgonize my Backflip for some reason.

Any help here? How do you sync the phone to your pc?
    You have to have an SD card in order to do this. Once the Sdcard is in your phone when you connect it to the computer a pop up will come up on your phone asking if you want to go into usb drive mode. Hit yes and you will have access to the card.

Quote Originally Posted by batmania15 View Post
    You have to have an SD card in order to do this. Once the Sdcard is in your phone when you connect it to the computer a pop up will come up on your phone asking if you want to go into usb drive mode. Hit yes and you will have access to the card.

Ahh! Yea I haven't plugged my SD card into my phone yet from my old phone, so where are all my Apps saved now then? And is there a reason Droid Explorer doesn't show my phone on the list of phones?

Thanks for the help btw.

Oh Edit: There is an SD already in my phone. Where can I adjust the apps placement and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Vardar View Post
    Ahh! Yea I haven't plugged my SD card into my phone yet from my old phone, so where are all my Apps saved now then? And is there a reason Droid Explorer doesn't show my phone on the list of phones?

Thanks for the help btw.

Oh Edit: There is an SD already in my phone. Where can I adjust the apps placement and such?
    For now apps that you download from the marketplace can only be installed to the system memory, you do not have the option to install them to the sd card. This will hopefully be addressed in a future update. The apps use the sd card for memory dumps, memory cache, and to store information on though.

Hey Bat, missdirection score of 10 on that one.

The original question is: Is there PC based program that allows the phone to be manipulated externally, sync music and photos, edit installed programs, etc.

I would say "yes" in an iffy kind of way. It won't let you do anyting fun, it won't let you play with apps, it will however let you.... I don't know, I don't have the phone plugged in right now.

It is called Motoroloa Media Link, you can find it on the motoblur web interface on the net, install it on the computer, set up your USB to work and have fun...

I didn't.

It may help for adding music and photos, but otherwise, it looks as useless as tits on a nun.

We all want a sync program like the samsung interface, it keeps contacts, pictures, music, hell.... everything backed up and editable.

our robot pal likes to go his own road with the whole skynet.... i mean "cloud" thing... Cloud and sky.... Hmmmm Google, what are you up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbug View Post

our robot pal likes to go his own road with the whole skynet.... i mean "cloud" thing... Cloud and sky.... Hmmmm Google, what are you up to?
    HAHA this made me laugh. Yeah I'm not sure if there's a media program yet for the phone but I will do some searching.

For now I have been manually doing the transfers myself. I just make a folder on the sdcard for photos, music, roms, etc. and place corresponding files in there and the phone finds them with no issues.

DoubleTwist (Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3) will allow you to sync Music, Videos, Podcasts, etc.

It doesn't do "apps" because... well... because apps are downloaded to your phone from the Marketplace ON THE PHONE, and not through a bloated piece of crapware like iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMonster View Post
    DoubleTwist (Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3) will allow you to sync Music, Videos, Podcasts, etc.

It doesn't do "apps" because... well... because apps are downloaded to your phone from the Marketplace ON THE PHONE, and not through a bloated piece of crapware like iTunes.
    I already made a post about this. Please see thread http://www.backflipforums.com/forum/...p.html#post176

FYI when using DroidExplorer in order for it recognize your phone your phone has to be in USB debugging mode. Settings- applications- developmnet

Damn my work browser for not allowing me to post from work, I keep getting errors.

Anyway, thanks for the responses, so I suppose theres no other way to download apps from the market place outside of the phone, rather irritating I like the for Itunes, it's easier to read descriptions and such on my PC than it is on here.

Anyway, thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links