call quality???

This is a discussion on call quality??? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth I yeah I kinda hear an echo when I'm talking and my girl says I sound weird on the phone as ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: call quality???

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I yeah I kinda hear an echo when I'm talking and my girl says I sound weird on the phone as well. I'm gonna hold in there for the phone. Hopefully its a fix that be up dated on the firmware. Plus I can't take the phone back. I sold both of my old ones already. LOL.
    This has only happened to me once or twice(the echo.)

You can return the phone for another if you pay a restocking fee and the difference.

just took the backflip back.....AND ORDERED THE NEXUS ONE....3G ATT MODEL WAS RELEASED YEST....

Quote Originally Posted by one028 View Post
    just took the backflip back.....AND ORDERED THE NEXUS ONE....3G ATT MODEL WAS RELEASED YEST....
    We can read with out all the caps..and it was already mentioned on the forums. If you want to pay $500 for it go ahead, personally I like the backflip most of all the droid phones simply because i dont have to have a touch screen keyboard, and I cant really justify paying $500 for a phone.

I can't afford $500 upfront for a phone either, but doesn't it actually come out cheaper in the long run to buy the phone unsubsidized rather than subsidizing the phone and paying a higher rate plan for 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    I can't afford $500 upfront for a phone either, but doesn't it actually come out cheaper in the long run to buy the phone unsubsidized rather than subsidizing the phone and paying a higher rate plan for 2 years?
    How are you paying for a higher rate plan? You will still have to have the $30 Smartphone data plan. I already have the cheapest family plan that has enough minutes to cover usage. The only benefit of buying the N1 unsubsidized is it is carrier unlocked and doesn't have any of the carrier apps. This is not a big deal since rooting the phone will allow us to have the same thing without paying huge bucks up front. Besides, I really like the keyboard on the BF.

Does AT&T not offer a discount on your rate plan when outside of a locked contract subsidizing a phone? I was under the impression that they did.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Does AT&T not offer a discount on your rate plan when outside of a locked contract subsidizing a phone? I was under the impression that they did.

Does ATT what? Lmao.. I work for At&t and have never heard of any such thing. At&t doesn't even want to give there employee's discounts.

I stand corrected then.

In the end you would likley pay the same price. I dont get what your saying in whole, but more or less, it sounds like youd pay more upfront, and less per monthly. However when you figure up the total costs over the cost of 2 years, it would probably even out anyways.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    In the end you would likley pay the same price. I dont get what your saying in whole, but more or less, it sounds like youd pay more upfront, and less per monthly. However when you figure up the total costs over the cost of 2 years, it would probably even out anyways.
    With T-Mobile you save money in the long haul buying any phone outright, because you can get the monthly plans $20 a month cheaper if they aren;t subsidizing the phone. AT&T does not give you a break on the monthly rate if you provide your own phone.

You can buy a lot of phone with the $480 bucks you save over the two year contract. A salesman at a t-mobile store told me they are trying to encourage their customers to buy phones outright so they can just sell their service.

Besides subsidizing the cost of the phone the carriers incur additional cost when they sell you the phone in terms of customer support for the device. You buy your own phone hardware issues have to be dealt with with the seller and/or manufacturer of the phone.

No carrier insurance available on a phone you supply either.

Total Cost Of Nexus One Ownership | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links