Battery Life

This is a discussion on Battery Life within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Ok, so I started turning off Bluetooth when not using it, and Low and behold, suddenly my Battery life is AMAZING. I refuse to believe ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battery Life

Ok, so I started turning off Bluetooth when not using it, and Low and behold, suddenly my Battery life is AMAZING. I refuse to believe bluetooth did that much, maybe the battery has to be conditioned or whatever.

Also, I've noticed a problem when using bluetooth, my car has it set up automatically, but when I make a call from my phone because it's not saved in my blueconnect address book, the backflip doesn't automatically connect to my bluetooth, I have to hit the settings buttons and make connect to bluetooth, which is kinda dangerous while driving, since that is the point of the bluetooth. Any help here?

Have you tried re pairing the bluetooth to the phone from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by tae_254 View Post
    Have you tried re pairing the bluetooth to the phone from scratch.

Actually no I haven't. I take it this is a me only problem then.

I haven't heard of any bluetooth issues yet. Mine works fine with my in car bluetooth.

No problem with my Moto Headset.

So when you say no problems, you can dial from the phone, and you don't have to hit an extra button to make it connect to the headset or car set? Interesting. I'll re-pair it today.

Thought I would share my battery experience.

First off, I really liked this phone and wanted to keep it. Bad thing is the battery was only lasting about 6hrs and that was just unacceptable. I have a friend who works at the AT&T store so I let her know the phone just wasn't going to work out. She talked to the Motorola rep about the phone and even exchanged it. I thought I would give it another try.

The first thing I had to remind myself was that this phone was not like my Tilt. My Tilt battery lasted a long time but I didn't have a data plan. It also charged easily with my PC, this phone does not.

What I did.....

1. Put the phone on the WALL charge, not PC charge. Rep recommended getting a good "hard" charge in right off the bat. Thing about this phone is that if the battery gets below a certain threshhold, a PC charge will not work, period. I feel you have to take the approach that a PC charge is just a "maintenance" feature and not a good way to keep this battery charged. That's just a change for me because the Tilt charged easily with PC even with a dead battery.

2. I took off both Facebook widgets and the newsfeeds. They are cool gadgets but really I don't need to see my status on my phone or the people's continous status. I also removed the text message widget. There is a Facebook app and you get all your notifications for FB, Gmail, Txt in the upper bar anyway. Plus, just hold down the home key and a shortcut to all recent apps are displayed.

3. Installed Advanced Task Killer app. This thing appears to be awesome and a must-have application. I didn't modify my Google sync settings or anything else.

In my first test, I made the tweaks above then took the phone off a full wall charge. The results...... after 30hrs, I still had a 30% charge! Now I can live with that.

Hope this helps someone.

Quote Originally Posted by clivesay View Post

First off, I really liked this phone and wanted to keep it. Bad thing is the battery was only lasting about 6hrs and that was just unacceptable. I have a friend who works at the AT&T store so I let her know the phone just wasn't going to work out. She talked to the Motorola rep about the phone and even exchanged it. I thought I would give it another try.

The first thing I had to remind myself was that this phone was not like my Tilt. My Tilt battery lasted a long time but I didn't have a data plan. It also charged easily with my PC, this phone does not.

What I did.....

1. Put the phone on the WALL charge, not PC charge. Rep recommended getting a good "hard" charge in right off the bat. Thing about this phone is that if the battery gets below a certain threshhold, a PC charge will not work, period. I feel you have to take the approach that a PC charge is just a "maintenance" feature and not a good way to keep this battery charged. That's just a change for me because the Tilt charged easily with PC even with a dead battery.

2. I took off both Facebook widgets and the newsfeeds. They are cool gadgets but really I don't need to see my status on my phone or the people's continous status. I also removed the text message widget. There is a Facebook app and you get all your notifications for FB, Gmail, Txt in the upper bar anyway. Plus, just hold down the home key and a shortcut to all recent apps are displayed.

3. Installed Advanced Task Killer app. This thing appears to be awesome and a must-have application. I didn't modify my Google sync settings or anything else.

In my first test, I made the tweaks above then took the phone off a full wall charge. The results...... after 30hrs, I still had a 30% charge! Now I can live with that.

Hope this helps someone.
    Hmmm.. My phone and my bestfriends phone charge using PC, and yes it charges from 0%

Quote Originally Posted by clivesay View Post

What I did.....

Hope this helps someone.
    I had the same problem about the phone not charging from 0%. Iv had the phone less then a week, gunna give it another one and see how it fairs. Coming from the iphone this battery sucks balls.

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    I'd recommend doing a hard master reset on the phone and see if it fixes any issues.

Also I found voice command "Open Battery Info" and it will list the entire detail of the battery.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links