Battery Life

This is a discussion on Battery Life within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; ok i jus got tha backflip and im having the same battery probs as anyone else. and when i go to settings, about phone, and ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Battery Life

neeeeed heeelp

ok i jus got tha backflip and im having the same battery probs as anyone else. and when i go to settings, about phone, and status, under battery status it says "discharging" when not on the charger. is that correct???? and the battery level drops from 100% to 92% after jus send a txt or two. plz some tell me what to do. i love this phone but after a hr or so of using it its already at 40% charge

Quote Originally Posted by beedrgn6 View Post
    ok i jus got tha backflip and im having the same battery probs as anyone else. and when i go to settings, about phone, and status, under battery status it says "discharging" when not on the charger. is that correct???? and the battery level drops from 100% to 92% after jus send a txt or two. plz some tell me what to do. i love this phone but after a hr or so of using it its already at 40% charge
    Wait... You went from 92% to 40% in about an hour???

Something's seriously wrong. I'd take it back.

Spinning the hard drive uses the most battery power. Things like fast forward or rewind or having very big files. The backlight can save some but I doubt a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhon Smitch View Post
    Spinning the hard drive uses the most battery power. Things like fast forward or rewind or having very big files. The backlight can save some but I doubt a whole lot.
    Good advice.

Except, of course, that there is no hard drive.

You're just kidding with us, aren't you... Hope so, anyway.

I'm curious, when you guys kill apps using Advanced Task Killer, do you kill the killer itself, so to speak? Are there adverse effects to doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Emcee View Post
    I'm curious, when you guys kill apps using Advanced Task Killer, do you kill the killer itself, so to speak? Are there adverse effects to doing that?
    No adverse effects.

The apps you 'kill' are only removed from memory. It's like 'quitting' or 'exiting' an app except that it does that to apps that wanted to stay in memory.

The next time you start them up to use them, they act normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    No adverse effects.

The apps you 'kill' are only removed from memory. It's like 'quitting' or 'exiting' an app except that it does that to apps that wanted to stay in memory.

The next time you start them up to use them, they act normally.
    I just meant killing the Adv. Task Killer app itself. I didn't think so, but I thought I'd check.

This worked for me.

Did you try doing a hard reset on the phone? I had the same problem with my backflip when I first got it. I would only get about 4 or 5 hours of battery life. I tried doing a hard reset, and after that I was getting a full day and a half to 2 days of battery life. I think there is something going on with the phone from when it comes from the factory. Possibly a debug feature turned on that they use for testing each unit. Hope this helps. I know this drove me crazy too, until I figured this out.

regards,
    fonetek

I actually noticed my battery life got better as time went on. As in, once I charged and killed the battery a few times, my battery life is pretty damn good right now. The task killer thing rocks btw.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links