Battery Life

This is a discussion on Battery Life within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Ok, i'm thinking it may be my battery, but my battery is dying fast. Like damn fast. My battery life was Post 90% today when ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Life

Battery Life

Ok, i'm thinking it may be my battery, but my battery is dying fast. Like damn fast. My battery life was Post 90% today when I went to work, I made no calls on it, sent about 15 texts, received mayve 20 texts, and played with Apps for 5 minutes at a time, maybe 5 times. I was sub 40%. I downloaded 5 apps, all at once, I had them all queued up, and I'm at 13%.

Is it my battery? Is it supposed to die this fast? I have certain things turned off, like google syncing, since I don't use the calendar and such yet, maybe I should go get a replacement battery? I mean hell, it takes longer to charge than it takes to use up!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is a known issue with the Motorola Backflip. After speaking with a Motorola Rep about the battery life he informed me that they are working on correcting the problem and an update should be released to help with battery drain. Things you can do to help battery life for the time being is if your not using bluetooth, wifi, and GPS, turn it off. Also make sure that your exiting apps when your done using them. Pressing home just puts apps in the background. To correctly exit an app make sure your pressing the back button until you get to the homescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by tae_254 View Post
    This is a known issue with the Motorola Backflip. After speaking with a Motorola Rep about the battery life he informed me that they are working on correcting the problem and an update should be released to help with battery drain. Things you can do to help battery life for the time being is if your not using bluetooth, wifi, and GPS, turn it off. Also make sure that your exiting apps when your done using them. Pressing home just puts apps in the background. To correctly exit an app make sure your pressing the back button until you get to the homescreen.

Is the GPS on in default? And thanks for the tips.

I believe if GPS is on, you will see a satellite icon in the status bar.

Quote Originally Posted by tae_254 View Post
    This is a known issue with the Motorola Backflip. After speaking with a Motorola Rep about the battery life he informed me that they are working on correcting the problem and an update should be released to help with battery drain.
    Did they gave the slightest indication as to when we might expect it?

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    You can also use Task Manager from the Android Market to help manage your apps and turn them off. It will help you see how many apps you have open battery life and processing space. Also in the setting options you can optimize your battery setting so it doesn't use the data constant. I believe Motoblur is one of the reason for the battery drain as it constantly checks your sites for updates.

Hi Truth, welcome to the forums. There are several apps named Task Manager. "Advanced Task Manager" seems to be one of the most recommended. Theres a free and paid version. Both are the same app, the free one is just got ads in it.

make sure when using task manager to put all native apps (messaging, gmail, clock) on the ignore list. closing these apps could cause force close errors

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    I'm pretty new to a the android stuff. I've been a dedicated Symbian OS/Nokia user but they don't seem to be flipping the bill as of lately. I chose the Backflip over the Nokia X6. Don't think I regret it and love the Backflip as of now. Couple of quirks, but nothing that makes me wanna to really take it back. But I definitely love it over the iPhone OS. So many interesting features and just learned more about Motoblur include the phone location tool that's available. I really like that it's on this phone.

Thanks for the tip on the Task manager. I have the free download, but it works great and I've had any problems with force closes as of yet.

glad that you like the phone. welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Thanks for the tip on the Task manager. I have the free download, but it works great and I've had any problems with force closes as of yet.
    Yes, I actually find the one I referenced the better of the two. The other had a droid type icon, but this one also allows you to choose start up tasks,services,and uninstall apps allowing me to remove my uninstaller app.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links