any option to having to push button to wake screen?

This is a discussion on any option to having to push button to wake screen? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Maybe I'm missing something, but when my phone's screen goes dark/times out, only way to bring it back is to push top button, and then, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any option to having to push button to wake screen?

any option to having to push button to wake screen?

Maybe I'm missing something, but when my phone's screen goes dark/times out, only way to bring it back is to push top button, and then, after that I have to menu button to screen unlock, fairly clunky process. I turned off screen lock to save a step (and why do you need screen lock if only way to turn on phone is to push button), but I find having to find button to wake phone is annoying.

Having used an Iphone, they wake by just touching anywhere on screen and then screen unlocking, I like this better because I can bring the phone alive bring it alive without picking it up, if it is laying on desk, just touch face/screen anywhere, if it is sitting in my cup holder in car, can just touch screen, but with backflip I have to pick it up to get to top button, often for a clutz like me this requires two hands instead of one.

Are there other options? does the button thing annoy anyone else?

Also when I am in middle of phone call and pull phone away from my ear to look at screen or to end call, the screen stays dark, which is annoying if you want to do something like enter number or end call. At first I was fumbling for top button to wake screen but then I found if I shake phone it slighty as I pull away from ear, I get phone dialer/end call button screen back without having to push button to wake. Guess the accelormeter in phone has some sensitivity issues. Am I going to give my phone shaken baby harm? am I doing something wrong?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

as far as the incall screen waking, mine comes on as soon as i move it from my ear.

As far as when on a phone call, the phone has a built in proximity sensor. When you take the phone away from your face it will come out of sleep mode within a few seconds.

As far as the lock function, the only way to wake the phone up is pressing the top button or opening the keyboard.

Thanks, I'll mess around with it, but just moving the phone away from my ear/cheek during call does not wake phone up, I have to also tilt/shake phone...is it just my phone not working right or do all phones need a jiggle to wake up during a phone call?

Quote Originally Posted by kankan View Post
    Thanks, I'll mess around with it, but just moving the phone away from my ear/cheek during call does not wake phone up, I have to also tilt/shake phone...is it just my phone not working right or do all phones need a jiggle to wake up during a phone call?

You shouldnt have to shake it or anything. The sensor should kick in once its moved from your face.

I love the backflip except this one thing: i have to press the power button and press left handside button to unlock it. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? I would rather just do a complicated unlock pattern. The current unlocking is so clumsy i will probably return the backflip and get another phone. I mean the engineers must have thought about some alternative, no?

Answered in your other thread.

I use "KeepScreen" (market app) to keep apps open that I don't want to get a screen timeout with, e.g. the dialer. It makes life a little easier when you are dealing with phone answering type menu systems. The screen still goes black when I hold it to my ear, but not when I use blue tooth and have the dial pad open and have to "Push one to here this message in English".

Thanks very much for the "KeepScreen" app tip. This works great to keep the phone lit up. This was driving me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by tae_254 View Post
    As far as when on a phone call, the phone has a built in proximity sensor. When you take the phone away from your face it will come out of sleep mode within a few seconds.

As far as the lock function, the only way to wake the phone up is pressing the top button or opening the keyboard.
    my phone goes black during a call when I have it in the holder on the dashboard while driving and using the speaker phone (one of the best speaker phones I've ever had BTW). It's nowhere NEAR my face. When I'm done talking and tap "End", there's the black screen. I have to fumble around while trying to drive to get the WAZE GPS back on again. I really wish it wouldn't do that. It's a real hazzard! Just saying...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links