What's The Big Deal?

This is a discussion on What's The Big Deal? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Please don't crucify me, I really want to know. :confused: I have a :motorola:backflip, and an :iphone:iPhone. It seems the :iphone:iPhone is just a better ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's The Big Deal?

Lightbulb What's The Big Deal?

Please don't crucify me, I really want to know. :confused:

I have a :motorola:backflip, and an :iphone:iPhone. It seems the :iphone:iPhone is just a better phone.

Can someone explain to me the advantages of AnDroid?

What can I do with it that I can't on my :iphone:iPhone?

It seems like it's locked down as tight as anything else restricted by the carrier... :mad:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First of all, Android does not require iTunes. It doesn't require a special connector cable. It doesn't require resyncing music if you sync to the SD card. It has an app store that doesn't require approval. Android also allows customized home screens with widgets.

The Backflip has a physical qwerty keyboard, dedicated camera button, dedicated home, back and menu keys. It also has sd expansion and a removal battery.

I myself came from an iphone and there's pro's and cons to each device when compared. I really like the option that I can customize my backflip and download alot of apps that would not be available to the iphone due to there restriction in there app store.

Basically it seems there developing the iphone into a portable gaming option. There's alot of great games for the iphone you won't find for the backflip.

Everything that I love about the backflip (android) you CAN NOT do with the iphone UNLESS you jailbreak it.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

And lets not mention the things you can do once the phone is rooted. Oh and upgrades wont cost you 3 dollars too. Everything you do wont have to be done through itunes. You can have whatever music you want on the device without having to do extra stuff to get it there. You can download apps off the web not only in the market. You can have your backflip look just like the iphone if you wanted to. Can you have your iphone look like the backflip..??

Multitasking, multitasking and multitasking. I hate being stuck with iTunes and having multiple iPhones on one iTunes acct can be a pain. I like having a physical keyboard option. The camera actually has a zoom....and a flash. The customization can't be touched by the iPhone. Sure you can jailbreak an iPhone and have more options, but should you really have to?

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Plus android in general can have Flash Lite. Although the Backflip does not have it yet it can be put on in Google 2.1. In addition Google android is a OS and is not restricted to on device. Which can give consumer several options of phones and devices.

Apple is pimping their consumers. Although the backflip may have restriction the simplier functions such as mutlitasking and flash camera are on it. Apple knows they have to release simple functions through hardware upgrades otherwise money would come up short.

Motoblur is a great feature for people who stay in contact with social networks.

The only other thing i can really add, is you have backtrack. This allows you to move around the screen at the touch of a finger, but with out ever having to touch the screen.

Other then that, as far as I can all the pros have been listed, so all I can say is, are you convinced yet?

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Apple also restricts you from downloading from the Internet. I've downloaded several MP3 from the Internet. Unless I'm wrong I've never been able to DL songs with my iPod touch.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Apple also restricts you from downloading from the Internet. I've downloaded several MP3 from the Internet. Unless I'm wrong I've never been able to DL songs with my iPod touch.

that would be correct. +1

Android is way better

I have both an ipod touch that is jailbroken(its kind of too unreliable for a phone). So I went for the android. And Backflip is a pro multitasker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links