Email deleting problems

This is a discussion on Email deleting problems within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Is there some way of deleting email from the backflip with out it deleting the email from my work mail? I was lucky that they ...

Thread: Email deleting problems

Email deleting problems

Is there some way of deleting email from the backflip with out it deleting the email from my work mail?
    I was lucky that they were still in my email trash. I was able to recover them.
    I know on the blackberry they can delete the email from their phone without it being deleted from the work account.

Thanks for any help.
    Dan

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    I don't have that problem with my email. I know it does it with Yahoo but my business email I don't have that problem. Not sure about that one.

If your using K-9 Mail you should have separate accounts so you can log in to your personnel account and delete all, while not interacting with the work email.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonklan View Post
    Is there some way of deleting email from the backflip with out it deleting the email from my work mail?
    I was lucky that they were still in my email trash. I was able to recover them.
    I know on the blackberry they can delete the email from their phone without it being deleted from the work account.

Thanks for any help.
    Dan
    If you are accessing your work e-mail account and with IMAP, then deleting an e-mail on the phone deletes the e-mail on the server.

If you just want to keep the e-mail and not see it in in your inbox create folders and then move e-mails into them. I create folders based on categories (family, follow-up, archive, etc.) The e-mail still exists on the server but will no longer show up in your inbox. You can still view e-mails moved into a folder by pressing menu and then selecting folders.

I think if you access an e-mail account using POP you can set it to leave the messages on the server and then deleting them on the phone does not effect the server. Some servers/clients have a problem with the flag that indicates the e-mail has been read and you will get duplicates.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links