ringtone ????

This is a discussion on ringtone ???? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Just got my Motorola Backflip, can you set a contacts ringtones, to silent or vibrate? And or set a group with those settings? Thanks...

Thread: ringtone ????

ringtone ????

Just got my Motorola Backflip, can you set a contacts ringtones, to silent or vibrate? And or set a group with those settings?
    Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forums!

Yes you can set ringtones for each individual contact. select the contact in your address book then hit the menu key (four squares at bottom) and click edit. Here you will have a bunch of options including the one for select ringtone.

As for vibrate you can not do that individually as I know of right now. That has to be mastered set in the settings under sounds and alerts.

There may be an app in the marketplace that will handle more to what your looking for. I will do some searching and see if I can come up with anything for you.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

Looks like there's an app in the marketplace called Group Ringtones. Search for that and this will help you assign ringtones to groups you've created in your address book.

The easiest method I know of to create groups in your address book is to go into gmail then your contacts and create a new group there. name the group as you wish and then move the contacts into that group. This will then sync to your phone.

+1 for making groups in gmail.

Quote Originally Posted by batmania15 View Post
    Looks like there's an app in the marketplace called Group Ringtones. Search for that and this will help you assign ringtones to groups you've created in your address book.

The easiest method I know of to create groups in your address book is to go into gmail then your contacts and create a new group there. name the group as you wish and then move the contacts into that group. This will then sync to your phone.
    That is what I was looking for.

Now I need to setup some more groups.

Thanks

Didn't work like I wanted, needed to download a "silent wav/mp3 file" you have to
    associate it with a sound file.

Excellent good solution.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links