LED's too bright for table-top mode

This is a discussion on LED's too bright for table-top mode within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I want to use my phone as an alarm clock, but I cant keep the screen on because the LED's are blinding in the dark... ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED's too bright for table-top mode

Exclamation LED's too bright for table-top mode

I want to use my phone as an alarm clock, but I cant keep the screen on because the LED's are blinding in the dark... I know that I can just turn off the phone because I don't need to look at the screen all night but... I like the clock mode, same thing with watching youtube videos. I called a motorola agent about it but I was connected to some woman in India who thought I was crazy.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

LEDs? The only LEDs are the white led for the camera flash, and the other is in the charging port. In table-top mode the camera LED is hidden and doesnt come on anyways, and the charger led, well I cant see how that would be so bright as to keep you up. It just glows a little while charging.

Do you mean the LCD Screen?

i think the OP is talking about the Home, Menu, and Back button are to bright. There is nothing that we can do about it. Its an issue going around a lot of boards.

I read somewhere that there should be a fix for this in an upcoming firmware update. I refuse to use the tabletop mode until they do so.

have you tried the lightbulb icon on the clock? dims it pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by azbackflip View Post
    have you tried the lightbulb icon on the clock? dims it pretty well
    People are complaining about the home, back, and menu touch parts of the screen. When you hit the dim light, those still shine VERY bright. There is a pick on the forum somewhere that shows this very well. They said that they called motorola and they told them that this has a been a giant complaint and will be addressed in the update. Hopefully it does get fixed.

yeah...those lights will sear your retina in the dark. I have to keep my thumb hovered off those lights when using the phone in dim or low light, because I find those led lights too bright. I'd like an option to either dim or turn them off, and not just for the table top clock mode.

I can't believe anyone did a usability study on this table top feature -- those buttons are so bright they will light up the entire room. I sure hope it gets fixed in the next update. In the meantime, I'm going to rig up something that just covers up those aircraft landing lights.

Is there a way to turn off clock mode altogether? It comes on sometimes by accident when I don't have it open all the way. It wouldn't be an issue if it didn't put a notification in the menu every time you come out of it (pointless!)

Until something is done with the Main LEDs all use of the phone in low light is a painful experience. Try the new Google Sky Map - with night mode - what a joke! All the dimming apps seem to have the same problem. What were they thinking?

What about the battery drain from three super bright LEDs - could this explain why I don't get anywhere near the advertised battery life from a full charge?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links