Backflip OS update news

This is a discussion on Backflip OS update news within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Okay so I'm trying my hardest to not get frustrated with the voice quality of this phone, but this is what I'm hoping...... Since the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Backflip OS update news

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Okay so I'm trying my hardest to not get frustrated with the voice quality of this phone, but this is what I'm hoping......

Since the backflip is mirrored so much after the Cliq, I'm hoping they if 2.1 is being released in the q2 (supposedly) that the Blackflip would be mirror around the same date(s)

........April 7 is around the corner. This sucks for such a nice phone to have issues as simple as voice quality.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Okay so I'm trying my hardest to not get frustrated with the voice quality of this phone, but this is what I'm hoping......

Since the backflip is mirrored so much after the Cliq, I'm hoping they if 2.1 is being released in the q2 (supposedly) that the Blackflip would be mirror around the same date(s)

........April 7 is around the corner. This sucks for such a nice phone to have issues as simple as voice quality.
    I agree. Have you tried exchanging your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by montREALady View Post
    I agree. Have you tried exchanging your phone?
    Honestly I'm starting to believe the quality of the phone has to do with the reception of the phone. It would make sense. When I used to have phones that were in bad area, the reception would be garbled. When I had this phone in my case and took it out, I only had one bar.

If it's not that, than this phone has a crappy voice processor.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Honestly I'm starting to believe the quality of the phone has to do with the reception of the phone. It would make sense. When I used to have phones that were in bad area, the reception would be garbled. When I had this phone in my case and took it out, I only had one bar.

If it's not that, than this phone has a crappy voice processor.
    So this is not something that can be fixed with the new o/s?

I really don't understand how only some people are having voice quality issues. Is it possible that it's only on high frequencies? I am in FL where almost all AT&T coverage is 850. I have not had any problems with voice quality or complaints from the people I'm talking to. It may be something that is software related or it may just be a hardware defect.

Google voice search has a a graph representing your voice. No matter what it constantly maxes out. Maybe people are talking to loud. The voice dial is very sensitive so it would explain the muffeled sound if the mic is maxxing out.

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    Google voice search has a a graph representing your voice. No matter what it constantly maxes out. Maybe people are talking to loud. The voice dial is very sensitive so it would explain the muffeled sound if the mic is maxxing out.
    Yeah I notice when I use voice command if I hold the mic away about 10 inches or so away, the command are very accurate. Even with background noise. I'll say I'm having about 93 % accuracy on the voice command. But when I used a meter that showed how loud I was talking it was maxed out. Sometime if I talk with the mic a lil away from my mouth I've haven't had any problems talking.

If you use the insert new voice recording option in text message, there is also a meter and if you record your voice you will see it max in the red every single time. The mic really needs to be adjusted on this.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    I really don't understand how only some people are having voice quality issues. Is it possible that it's only on high frequencies? I am in FL where almost all AT&T coverage is 850. I have not had any problems with voice quality or complaints from the people I'm talking to. It may be something that is software related or it may just be a hardware defect.
    Do keep in mind, the lower the frequency, the less power that is required to transmit, as well as better penetration through objects (walls, etc..). The higher the frequency, the opposite is true: more power required, less penetration, etc.. 1900 requires more transmit power to get same penetrations as 850.

T

Thumbs up 2.1 possibly not coming to AT&T

I was told by a friend at the corporate att store that they probably wont come out with 2.1 because it offers free turn by turn gps which att charges $10 a month for... please send an email to att and motorola stating that 1.5 is slow, buggy, and a bad os... we need to tell them how we want it and not let them cover up what they told us when we bought the backflip

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Matter91 View Post
    I was told by a friend at the corporate att store that they probably wont come out with 2.1 because it offers free turn by turn gps which att charges $10 a month for... please send an email to att and motorola stating that 1.5 is slow, buggy, and a bad os... we need to tell them how we want it and not let them cover up what they told us when we bought the backflip
    The free turn by turn GPS is offered in 1.6 I believe. This is a bogus reason as there are many other turn by turn applications that are cheaper or free vs the at&T nav.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links