Backflip OS update news

This is a discussion on Backflip OS update news within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Well this isn't much but it's definitely something!! Here is the official update from Moto, on there website. https://supportforums.motorola.com/c...ftwareupgrades...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Backflip OS update news

Backflip OS update news

Well this isn't much but it's definitely something!! Here is the official update from Moto, on there website.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/c...ftwareupgrades

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Thanks for the link, I hope we see us also listed with the Clic for a 2nd Q update

This is better than nothing, At least i know its coming
    FOLLOW ME ON
    http://twitter.com/dchandler326
    If you have any questions my email is dchandler@backflipforums.com

There is a statement here that makes me want root and custom roms more than an official release from Motorola:

We are working very closely with Google and our carrier partners to bring you the most optimized experience on each of our smartphones powered by Android.
    The carrier partners statement tells me that it will still have too much garbage preinstalled.

Thanks for the post. Definitely bookmarking to check back on it.

BACKFLIP (USA)Upgrade under evaluation
    So; what does this mean, end of the year? Since the other upgrades have actual time estimated releases on them.

I have a feeling since the Droid has been out for awhile, and they are NOW just getting 2.1; we will be waiting for a long, long time...

Time to upgrade to the Nexus One, now that they have released a At&t 3G model.

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Yeah reading that is quite discouraging to me honest. The phone are now going to be given away free on contract upgrade. Is it possible that these phones are not selling as AT&T hoped. And with if there's not enough sell, Motorola won't spend the resources to upgrade if it's more money lost than money gain. Under evaluation doesn't assure me enough. My 30 days is coming close to an end. I hope I don't make the wrong decision with this phone. Maybe I'm just to impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    This is better than nothing, At least i know its coming
    Not necessarily. I hate to be negative, but the way I am reading it, they are evaluating weather to upgrade or not.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    The carrier partners statement tells me that it will still have too much garbage preinstalled.
    Is it really that bad dealing with a whole 6 or so apps that cant be removed? If we had a choice between no market restrictions or no preinstalled apps, I know I would personally choose the ability to use third party markets.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Yeah reading that is quite discouraging to me honest. The phone are now going to be given away free on contract upgrade.
    Source? If so may pay the restocking fee and get one for free. I used the backflip as my upgrade.

Is it possible that these phones are not selling as AT&T hoped. And with if there's not enough sell, Motorola won't spend the resources to upgrade if it's more money lost than money gain.
    I hate to say it but I wonder this to. I know my local stores arent going out of there way to promote these. Both stores I go to(one is open a little later then the other), has some sort of display for the iphone 3gs, but nothing for the droid other then a demo phone on the shelf like any other phone. Nor did my local store seem as if there was low stock on them.

There may be some hope though. I spoke with a guy at the store the other day and he said that alot of the workers were considering switching to the backflip. Although with the N1 on shelves at AT&T that may change. He did say they were disappointed that you couldnt use themes(or maybe it was customize the home screen) and I jumped at the chance to show him my home screen.

Under evaluation doesn't assure me enough. My 30 days is coming close to an end. I hope I don't make the wrong decision with this phone. Maybe I'm just to impatient.
    I dont think you did. I have a feeling regardless of what direction Moto goes with this phone, were going to see the phone rooted and atleast 1 customized rom.

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar

m

I saw the AT&T commercial advertising the for free. I believe someone on here mentioned wirefly.com as well. Comp u Plus did have it on their site but now its not there. Maybe it was a figment of my imgination?

Regarding the Backflip for free, the advertisement I saw was a Buy 1 get 1 deal for new customers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links