Returned my Backflip...

This is a discussion on Returned my Backflip... within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Sorry Guys, but I had to return my Backflip. I am going to go get the Google Nexus One. I played with my buddies Droid, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Returned my Backflip...

Unhappy Returned my Backflip...

Sorry Guys, but I had to return my Backflip.

I am going to go get the Google Nexus One. I played with my buddies Droid, and it's an amazing phone. And the N1 is close or a bit faster then the Droid.

Makes the Backflip look really bad.

Anyway; the reason why I am posting this, is that when I went into the At&t store, the girl I bought it from, said that everyone that has bought one from their store, has returned the unit. She said that I was the last one, out of the dozen or so that she sold, to return them.

So I hate to hear that, because I was really hoping that this would turn out to be a good phone, but unfortunately, lack of processor speed, memory and the 1.5 OS, just kills it.

Good Luck everyone.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sad to see you leave.. Let us know how the switch goes for you.

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Stuff like this really concerns me if they will do an upgrade to 2.1. Discouraging news. I wonder how the sales really are for this phone.

yeah i have the same worry, i love this phone. Only issue i really have with it though is the battery life. its random i was gettin 24 hours out of it some days and some days(like today) it will end up on the charger 3 times.

i went to bed with 50% battery woke up with it dead(3am-6:30am) charged it when i got to work and took it off when it was at 100%(10am) and now im sitting at 49%(5pm). hardly used it today a few texts 2 5 mins phone calls and 3 emails.

monday of this week the charge lasted 36 hours. i talked to my mother for an hour, sent/recieved 100+ texts and several emails + some surfing on the web that day.

*shrug* i see a trip to the att store again in my future.

**before its asked only thing that changed was adding handcent Wednesday and i got 20 hours off on wednesday and 26 on thursday/friday.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Stuff like this really concerns me if they will do an upgrade to 2.1. Discouraging news. I wonder how the sales really are for this phone.
    I know they were selling really fast, and they are trying to push the whole, buy one get one free thing. It's sold out online, so that tells me they are selling a lot. But, what are the return rates. I live in Indianapolis, and the store I go to is a main store, a lot of business. Knowing that almost every unit that was sold has been returned, tells me that this is going to really hurt At&t. And I hope someone sees these numbers and changes things.

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Well I'm keeping minds. Screw that. I'm not going to let outside influences make me want to take this phone back. I am, however going to wait to see what's coming out in the summer and if that HTC Desire does come to AT&T, or more importantly, have an unbranded one for AT&T network, that will hands down be my next phone. N1 is cool but I'm not going to give up my Backflip for it.

I guess I'm glad this is my first Android, cause the "features" lost don't bother me, seeing how I never had one in the first place. Coming from Symbian 3 OS and a crappy Samsung Impression phone, this is a huge step up for me.

However, I did break my promise to myself about buying branded phones.

I dont want to return mine, theres nothing else i want that is out(and i can't swap networks or buy a $500 phone straight up)

Im not going to return it. It may have its quirks but nothing else on the market except maybe the N1 does what it does, and the N1 lacks a physical keyboard, and I hate touch screen keyboards.

Well, for me anyway, the keyboard on this phone is the best I've seen on an Android phone. It's far better than the Droid. I use my phone for texting and social networking. In this case this phone is fantastic. The keyboard and MotoBlur are far more important than a few extra mhz or a larger screen. I actually prefer the width of the Backflip over devices like the iPhone. I never feel like I'm going to drop this phone. It just fits in my hand perfectly and the fact that there is no shiny plastic is a huge advantage to me.

I think the Nexus One is a nice device, it's just not the right device for me. When something like the Backflip comes out with as good of a keyboard (or better), that's when I might consider another device. As it stands right now, there is nothing that really makes me want to change. Of course, I go through phones every few months. There have been exceptions, I had a Curve for over a year. I still miss that keyboard at times.

I have no faith in an onscreen only device ever satisfying my needs. I have tried them all and I still prefer a physical keyboard for any lengthy typing. The onscreen is only good for one handed use and those situations are limited for me.

Well, I was GOING to return the Backflip. I still have some concerns, but I the more I use the Backflip, the more i like it. IMHO it has one of the best keyboards I have had on a smartphone. I have fat fingers and I have been surprised how well I can type on the Backflip keyboard. My friend has a Droid. The Droid has a number of advantages over the Backflip, but the keyboard is nowhere near as nice. I have a very difficult time keying on his keyboard. I'm sure the Backflip is not the phone for everyone, but I will probably keep mine.

gwalborn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links