My observations regarding battery life

This is a discussion on My observations regarding battery life within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; i know ive heard it before, but i guess i was stupid for not thinking that ALL of the motoblur widgets were the issue, but ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My observations regarding battery life

after 3 weeks, i finally "fixed" by battery issues

i know ive heard it before, but i guess i was stupid for not thinking that ALL of the motoblur widgets were the issue, but thats exactly it. MOTOBLUR KILLS BATTERY LIFE! I deleted all motoblur widgets except for one, and this one (txt msg widget) was constantly using 3G all day long. After 3 weeks of using this phone and hating the battery life since i was only getting about 10 hours, i deleted that widget, the text message widget, from the desktop, and voila, battery doesnt drain at a constant rate anymore. Im currently at 97% after being unplugged for hours already. usually it drains 5% an hour, even when its not in use.

Quote Originally Posted by tiki View Post
    i know ive heard it before, but i guess i was stupid for not thinking that ALL of the motoblur widgets were the issue, but thats exactly it. MOTOBLUR KILLS BATTERY LIFE! I deleted all motoblur widgets except for one, and this one (txt msg widget) was constantly using 3G all day long. After 3 weeks of using this phone and hating the battery life since i was only getting about 10 hours, i deleted that widget, the text message widget, from the desktop, and voila, battery doesnt drain at a constant rate anymore. Im currently at 97% after being unplugged for hours already. usually it drains 5% an hour, even when its not in use.
    That's quite interesting. I use that widget mainly for my email that gets displayed there to get a quick look at it without having to go through the inbox.

Have you found a better widget to replace this for the email to get a quick look?

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

That's odd. I have always used the Text Message widget, as well as the mail widget, and have great battery life. And I don't see the constant 3G usage either. Are you sure nothing else is actually running?

no i havent found a better widget, unfortunately, you cant control any of the motoblur widgets to say how often they update. im just happy i found the culprit, and now my phone is normal (ie. i dont need to bring my charger to work).

I just purchased this handset yesterday at the AT&T store. The first thing I started noticing was that the battery life was less than satisfactory. Thanks for clearing this issue up tiki... my phone holds a decent charge now.

lol. it's only a day old.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links