My observations regarding battery life

This is a discussion on My observations regarding battery life within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I returned my original Backflip due to some hardware issues. The phone was getting really hot (even when I wasn't using it) and my battery ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My observations regarding battery life

My observations regarding battery life

I returned my original Backflip due to some hardware issues. The phone was getting really hot (even when I wasn't using it) and my battery wouldn't last 6 hours.

The current Backflip I have was getting around 10 hours of battery life with somewhat heavy use of texting, news/facebook updates and a few calls.

I decided to change my personal email address from pop3 to hosted exchange. There were several reasons for this and it's only costing me an additional $2 a month after all is said and done. I have since turned off all Google syncing.

The amazing news here is that my battery is lasting from morning to night and is still in the green zone when I put it on the charger to go to bed. I have never owned a smartphone device that provided this level of battery except for the blackberries I use for work. I couldn't be happier at this point.

Now, I'm pretty sure this because I am only checking my exchange server every 15 minutes. This is not a concern for me at all. I have contacts, calendar and mail syncing automatically so I'm happy. There are definitely other benefits to using a hosted exchange service but that is another topic.

I should be clear in that I have my own domain for email. I forward my messages from Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc. to my personal address.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I am not sure what is considered heavy use but my phone battery seems to go fairly fast like your original phone only about 6 hours or so. That is one of my major complaints. I do not know if it is my phone or me.

Im a heavy user and my phone last maybe 5-6 hours before I need to recharge it. 10 hours was actually pretty good.

Ive wondered this to. I mentioned else where that not using wifi and GPS will improve battery life. I hear Bluetooth really kills the battery as well.

Keep in mind with facebook/news apps the more frequent you check the quicker battery life will deplete.

I leave wifi on all the time and I have all the news and social status widgets running. I use my phone constantly for sms and the status widgets. I do not talk on the phone much though. The other thing I've noticed is that my phone does not get very warm now. Even if I'm playing a card game, browsing the web and reading facebook updates it barely gets warm.

I'm thinking the google sync was causing all of the previous battery drain and causing the phone to warm up. I also noticed that the contacts sync was often showing an error syncing.

People are always telling me to stop messing with my phone so it's not like I'm leaving the phone in my pocket all day either.

I use an app called "Advanced Task Killer"</br>It kills apps running in the background and can save battery life!!!

The only problem is background sync needs to be enabled to use the market.

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    The only problem is background sync needs to be enabled to use the market.
    I left that option on, just turned auto and all the other options off.

I noticed my battery life is short and the phone gets warm as well. Should I be concerned? I purchased it online last week to I have to return it online or can I exchange it at my local AT&T store?

I've read several different people say their battery life has been extended dramatically by turning google syncing off. I'll have to do that on my wife's phone and see how her's fairs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links