Text Messaging Signature?

This is a discussion on Text Messaging Signature? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; The phone doesn't seem to have one, am I right? I see there's one for email though......

Thread: Text Messaging Signature?

Text Messaging Signature?

The phone doesn't seem to have one, am I right? I see there's one for email though...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Default doesn't that I know of. If you want one I know handcent does and it has a lot more options than the default text app

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Default doesn't that I know of. If you want one I know handcent does and it has a lot more options than the default text app
    I take it handcent is an app? Sorry, new to this whole world, I've had a normal cell phone until now

Yeah it an app, free one the market. Its highly customizable, defaults look very iphoneish. I mostly usr I for the pop up, quick reply, and speech to text/text to speech while driving

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Yeah it an app, free one the market. Its highly customizable, defaults look very iphoneish. I mostly usr I for the pop up, quick reply, and speech to text/text to speech while driving
    Thanks, I'll look into it.

Does this phone have a message indicator led like the blackberry?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhns787 View Post
    Does this phone have a message indicator led like the blackberry?
    Nope, not that I know of.

I wish it had more text messaging options, like my last phone, if I didn't check the last message, there was an option for it to beep every so often until I did. Like a reminder that it was there. I also wish the screen lit up when a new text came in. This helps for if you have your phone on silent. I do that at work.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by montREALady View Post
    I wish it had more text messaging options, like my last phone, if I didn't check the last message, there was an option for it to beep every so often until I did. Like a reminder that it was there. I also wish the screen lit up when a new text came in. This helps for if you have your phone on silent. I do that at work.
    Handcent (a replacement text app in the Market) has both the ability to light up the screen and to do reminders.

It can pop-up a notice that you have a new text message with or without the actual message text. It will even show up if the screen is locked.

The pop-up can include a quick reply area so you can reply without even opening the full app.

In Handcent you can also turn on reminders and set the number of reminders from 1-10 or to keep repeating. The interval for the reminders can be set to 1, 2, 5, 10, or 15 minutes.

You can set the reminders to light up the screen or not, so you can have the initial reception of the message light up the screen and the reminders NOT light it up.

Edit: Handcent does do signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Handcent (a replacement text app in the Market) has both the ability to light up the screen and to do reminders.

It can pop-up a notice that you have a new text message with or without the actual message text. It will even show up if the screen is locked.

The pop-up can include a quick reply area so you can reply without even opening the full app.

In Handcent you can also turn on reminders and set the number of reminders from 1-10 or to keep repeating. The interval for the reminders can be set to 1, 2, 5, 10, or 15 minutes.

You can set the reminders to light up the screen or not, so you can have the initial reception of the message light up the screen and the reminders NOT light it up.

Edit: Handcent does do signatures.
    I am sooooo downloading this right now! Thanks a lot!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links