Motorola Backflip or Palm Pre Plus?

This is a discussion on Motorola Backflip or Palm Pre Plus? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; For info on mobile hotspot for the ATT Pre Plus, visit ATT Palm Pre + & Tethering? - Page 3 - PreCentral Forums To answer ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Motorola Backflip or Palm Pre Plus?

For info on mobile hotspot for the ATT Pre Plus, visit

ATT Palm Pre + & Tethering? - Page 3 - PreCentral Forums

To answer earlier posts:

Palm loyalists are actually excited aout the HP buyout. It will allow Palm to continue to develop webOS and can even see life on a tablet before the year is out.

Quote Originally Posted by tae_254 View Post
    My question for you is, how can you not see how someone can pick the backflip over the pre plus. I have both and actually prefer the bf over the pre.

Battery life?? I dont know what you are talking about, my backflip beats my palm pre in battery any day.

Camera on the bacflip is better.

The backflip also has more applications and than the pre, and if it does get rooted, it will blow the pre out of the water IMO

Its all about personal preference.
    I had the backflip and I got my wife a backflip and we had the phones for 30 days. I ended up getting her the Bold 9700 and I went back to my Centro until the Pre was released.

Battery life was terrible on both phones. The Pre lasts just as long as the BF for me even though the battery has less capacity.

The camera on the BF is better on paper, but the Pre will take two pictures in the same time the BF takes just one.

The backflip (both of them) had the worst reception of any ATT phones we have used. Not to mention another backflip I sold on Sunday got returned on Monday for reception problems and was exchanged for a Blackberry.

Preference is one thing, but what good is a phone that sucks as a phone? And I have never used a phone that was so easy to unintentionally dial calls, hang up on people or even blatantly call a completely different person than was chosen out of the contact list.

And I was sick and tired of not knowing who was calling because the phone couldn't figure out whose number was calling until after I waited long enough and had to answer the phone.

And the browser on the backflip will forget what you typed in if you accidentally navigate away from the page you are making a forum post in.

There may be more developer support for android, but the palm app catalog has almost anything you could want.

webOS sees far more frequent updates than any Android phone. I hope 2.1 fixes many things on the Backflip

Just read the user reviews at wireless.att.com. The Palm has a much higher rating and 97 percent would recommend to a friend vs 80 percent for the Backflip.

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I had the backflip and I got my wife a backflip and we had the phones for 30 days. I ended up getting her the Bold 9700 and I went back to my Centro until the Pre was released.

Battery life was terrible on both phones. The Pre lasts just as long as the BF for me even though the battery has less capacity.

The camera on the BF is better on paper, but the Pre will take two pictures in the same time the BF takes just one.

The backflip (both of them) had the worst reception of any ATT phones we have used. Not to mention another backflip I sold on Sunday got returned on Monday for reception problems and was exchanged for a Blackberry.

Preference is one thing, but what good is a phone that sucks as a phone? And I have never used a phone that was so easy to unintentionally dial calls, hang up on people or even blatantly call a completely different person than was chosen out of the contact list.

And I was sick and tired of not knowing who was calling because the phone couldn't figure out whose number was calling until after I waited long enough and had to answer the phone.

And the browser on the backflip will forget what you typed in if you accidentally navigate away from the page you are making a forum post in.

There may be more developer support for android, but the palm app catalog has almost anything you could want.

webOS sees far more frequent updates than any Android phone. I hope 2.1 fixes many things on the Backflip

Just read the user reviews at wireless.att.com. The Palm has a much higher rating and 97 percent would recommend to a friend vs 80 percent for the Backflip.
    Actually, I haven't had many of these problems with my backflip. As a matter of fact, my reception is significantly better than with my previous phone, the blackberry bold 9000. The new software update also improved the phone, most noticeably with a better battery life. If I recall, the original palm pre on sprint had its fair share of problems when it was first released. The backflip is a new phone, give it time to grow. The pre has had over a year already. I just believe that there is much more potential for android than webos.

Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    Actually, I haven't had many of these problems with my backflip. As a matter of fact, my reception is significantly better than with my previous phone, the blackberry bold 9000. The new software update also improved the phone, most noticeably with a better battery life. If I recall, the original palm pre on sprint had its fair share of problems when it was first released. The backflip is a new phone, give it time to grow. The pre has had over a year already. I just believe that there is much more potential for android than webos.
    I am glad you have not had any of the issues that I have seen plague at least 3 Backflips I have seen. What do I know, I only sell AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile phones for a living. Enjoy your phone, as there is alot about it to like. And you are going to have to live with it it for the next 24 months.

I was a Palm fanboy for twelve years, starting in 1998 when I got my Palm III. Since then, I've owned a Handera 330, a T3, and a TX. I still have my TX, but I'll only use it until I finish transferring everything over to my Backflip. Palm had a huge lead in the OS, hardware, and application worlds; but they blew it.

Android has a better future, in my opinion. I'm not convinced HP can save what's left of Palm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    I was a Palm fanboy for twelve years, starting in 1998 when I got my Palm III. Since then, I've owned a Handera 330, a T3, and a TX. I still have my TX, but I'll only use it until I finish transferring everything over to my Backflip. Palm had a huge lead in the OS, hardware, and application worlds; but they blew it.

Android has a better future, in my opinion. I'm not convinced HP can save what's left of Palm.
    You may be right. HP has to do absolutely everything right to make Palm and webOS successful. However, this thread is about the Backflip vs the Pre Plus, not about Android vs webOS.

I would have still chosen the Pre over the Backflip even if Palm went completely belly up. The user experience is that much better to me.

I sell Att, Verizon, and Sprint as well. You are saying that out of thousands and thousands of BF's you have seen 3 with these problems. Lets not talk about the 100 and so that were sold on release date at Best buy and only about 2 were returned. We wont even get on number's of Palm Pre's that were returned. If it wasnt for the buttons being to small, the slider hindge being wiggly or the fact that people said it was to hyped up and wasn't what they expected. I don't have any reception problems. On my personal Palm Pre i dont have any either. As a stated before on MY backflip and MY Palm Pre, the battery life on the backflip outlast Palm's. But again that is on my devices. And if you read the reviews you will see that the backflip has sold more units than the pre so of course the number would be lower becuase it's more people writing reviews on the backflip than the pre which means more people will be saying something negative about the backflip than the pre. Just a thought. IMO Palm is dead and really there is no bringing it back to life. HP won't much of anything for their Palm customers once they custimize the Web OS to fit there units. But once again this is just IMO...

You may be right. HP has to do absolutely everything right to make Palm and webOS successful. However, this thread is about the Backflip vs the Pre Plus, not about Android vs webOS.

I would have still chosen the Pre over the Backflip even if Palm went completely belly up. The user experience is that much better to me.
    What??? This thread is about the Backflip vs Pre, not about Android vs webOS.. That has so much to do with it. If your are going to compare two phones then your goning to have to compare the operating systems. How would you have a good comparison if your not comparing the OS of the phone.

What??? This thread is about the Backflip vs Pre, not about Android vs webOS.. That has so much to do with it. If your are going to compare two phones then your goning to have to compare the operating systems. How would you have a good comparison if your not comparing the OS of the phone.
    My point. lol

I sell Att, Verizon, and Sprint as well. You are saying that out of thousands and thousands of BF's you have seen 3 with these problems. Lets not talk about the 100 and so that were sold on release date at Best buy and only about 2 were returned. We wont even get on number's of Palm Pre's that were returned. If it wasnt for the buttons being to small, the slider hindge being wiggly or the fact that people said it was to hyped up and wasn't what they expected. I don't have any reception problems. On my personal Palm Pre i dont have any either. As a stated before on MY backflip and MY Palm Pre, the battery life on the backflip outlast Palm's. But again that is on my devices. And if you read the reviews you will see that the backflip has sold more units than the pre so of course the number would be lower becuase it's more people writing reviews on the backflip than the pre which means more people will be saying something negative about the backflip than the pre. Just a thought. IMO Palm is dead and really there is no bringing it back to life. HP won't much of anything for their Palm customers once they custimize the Web OS to fit there units. But once again this is just IMO...
    Once again, you are entitled to your opinion. Perhaps your battery in your Backflip lasts longer because you have a decent signal. Where I spend my day, all the phones have to fight for signal, which annihilates the Backflip battery yet people could not ever hear me when I talk to them unless I go outside. What carrier Pre do you have? Because Best Buy does not yet carry the AT&T version. If you are comparing a CDMA Pre to the GSM Backflip the Pre is already at a disadvantage as CDMA phones have less battery life than their GSM counterparts.

More reviews do not mean more negative. It is all about percentage. If there are 1000 backflips, 800 would be recommended to a friend, thus 80%. If only 100 Pres are sold, there will be 97 who recommend them to a friend. If the number goes up to a thousand, there will be 970 who recommend them. Do the math. Its like saying don't buy a Honda Accord because it is the most stolen car. But there are so many more Accords. It is all about percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by kamelonious View Post
    My point. lol
    The OS is important, but the phones are out and they are what they are. That is my focus. I am not talking about "The Backflip is awesome because Android is awesome." or "The Pre sucks because Palm is going downhill". Obviously the OS is relevant but I am talking about the devices as they are right now, what you can have in your hands. As awesome as Android is, there is only so far that it can take the Backflip with its less than state of the art hardware. Both phones are due for updates that will increase their capabilities. But when Flash comes out, you can be certain it will not be rendered anywhere near as nicely on the Backflip as it does on the Pre.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links