Motorola Backflip or Palm Pre Plus?

This is a discussion on Motorola Backflip or Palm Pre Plus? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Android picks up an ex-WebOS guru Google snags Palm webOS UI guru Matias Duarte to work on Android | Android Central...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Motorola Backflip or Palm Pre Plus?

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    The OS is important, but the phones are out and they are what they are. That is my focus. I am not talking about "The Backflip is awesome because Android is awesome." or "The Pre sucks because Palm is going downhill". Obviously the OS is relevant but I am talking about the devices as they are right now, what you can have in your hands. As awesome as Android is, there is only so far that it can take the Backflip with its less than state of the art hardware.
    Only thinking about today is going to cause you heartache in the future. What you are holding in your hands today is irrelevant compared to your next three devices.

One of the reasons I stuck with Palm for so long was able to upgrade to new hardware every few years while just moving all my applications and data along with me. I have twelve years of appointments, contacts, notes, tasks, and database entries on my TX. Having all that life data with me comes in handy quite often. Moving all this stuff is a pain, but it would be a big pain migrating to the new WebOS stuff anyway, and worse in two or three years migrating to the next HPalm thing.

I'm on AT&T, I don't want to get sucked into the Apple vortex, and Palm has already driven me away. What are my choices? Android is the obvious alternative, and the only Android phone on AT&T right now is the Backflip.

Maybe it's not the best phone in the world, but it's the best choice for me because its platform has a future and the future matters to me. If it's not the best choice for you, why are you even here? Just trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Only thinking about today is going to cause you heartache in the future. What you are holding in your hands today is irrelevant compared to your next three devices.

One of the reasons I stuck with Palm for so long was able to upgrade to new hardware every few years while just moving all my applications and data along with me. I have twelve years of appointments, contacts, notes, tasks, and database entries on my TX. Having all that life data with me comes in handy quite often. Moving all this stuff is a pain, but it would be a big pain migrating to the new WebOS stuff anyway, and worse in two or three years migrating to the next HPalm thing.

I'm on AT&T, I don't want to get sucked into the Apple vortex, and Palm has already driven me away. What are my choices? Android is the obvious alternative, and the only Android phone on AT&T right now is the Backflip.

Maybe it's not the best phone in the world, but it's the best choice for me because its platform has a future and the future matters to me. If it's not the best choice for you, why are you even here? Just trolling?

I am here because I got the Backflip largely intending to keep it and use it to it's fulest potential. For me it just didn't work out and while I may be a bit harsh at times I try to be honest and objective. The way I moved all my stuff to webOS is the same way I got it from Palm to Motoblur. I synced with Outlook, exported to a CSV file, which I then imported to Google. With both these phones all the Google stuff automatically goes to the device.

The problems I had with the Backflip I did not think could have been mere defects that were rare, as both Backflips my wife and I had did the same things. I figured posting about my experience would be appreciated. I do not mean to step on any Backflip fans toes and if I have done so I apologize. I never meant for this thread to go tit for tat. Going back and looking at my original post, it should be very clear that I was very clear about what I personally liked and disliked about both the Backflip and the Pre.

Realizing once again that I am on a forum for fans of the Backflip, I will digress to saying that it is a great device with many capabilities, and I had alot of fun with it for the month I had it. We all have our tastes and as much as I wish success to the Palm brand, I do not wish failure upon Google or Motorola.

Realizing once again that I am on a forum for fans of the Backflip, I will digress to saying that it is a great device with many capabilities, and I had alot of fun with it for the month I had it. We all have our tastes and as much as I wish success to the Palm brand, I do not wish failure upon Google or Motorola.
    (easy stab) Well, Palm already did fail.

k i'm done lol.

Once again, you are entitled to your opinion. Perhaps your battery in your Backflip lasts longer because you have a decent signal. Where I spend my day, all the phones have to fight for signal, which annihilates the Backflip battery yet people could not ever hear me when I talk to them unless I go outside. What carrier Pre do you have? Because Best Buy does not yet carry the AT&T version. If you are comparing a CDMA Pre to the GSM Backflip the Pre is already at a disadvantage as CDMA phones have less battery life than their GSM counterparts.

More reviews do not mean more negative. It is all about percentage. If there are 1000 backflips, 800 would be recommended to a friend, thus 80%. If only 100 Pres are sold, there will be 97 who recommend them to a friend. If the number goes up to a thousand, there will be 970 who recommend them. Do the math. Its like saying don't buy a Honda Accord because it is the most stolen car. But there are so many more Accords. It is all about percentage.

The OS is important, but the phones are out and they are what they are. That is my focus. I am not talking about "The Backflip is awesome because Android is awesome." or "The Pre sucks because Palm is going downhill". Obviously the OS is relevant but I am talking about the devices as they are right now, what you can have in your hands. As awesome as Android is, there is only so far that it can take the Backflip with its less than state of the art hardware. Both phones are due for updates that will increase their capabilities. But when Flash comes out, you can be certain it will not be rendered anywhere near as nicely on the Backflip as it does on the Pre.

And if that number went up to a 1000 for the pre, how many do you think would actually recommend them?
    Im pretty for sure that their number would not stay at 97%.
    Only a quarter of people have bought the pre compared to the backflip.

But this thread is based on personal preference.
    Your obvisously a Palm fan and are intitled to your own opinion.

But for me the Backflip works best!

I am glad the backflip works for you. Enjoy it.

Smile display screen? which is better?

They both have the same screen size (3.1 inches) and resoultion (HVGA).

but the palm pre plus has 16 million colors (24-bit)

while

the motorola backflip has 256,000 colors (18-bit)

is the difference clear? is the palm pre plus much, much better in display?

please give me your feedback and advice! I am deciding on which one to buy!

display is important to me. I want to use it to show pictures, etc.

I honestly did not know that there was a difference in the color depth of the displays, but I did notice quite a difference in how much richer the colors looked on the Pre. The blacks are much darker and there is more contrast on the display of the Pre. Also the accuracy of the touchscreen is apparent as well.

haha same here with winnin the backflip, glad to see you hate the iphone when its our only draw with most customers that only take what they see on tv and in every bodies hands and think they have to have it themselves.. wish we had something that competed in peoples minds..

Quote Originally Posted by jchapman01 View Post
    I have the B-flip, and while i love it I do have to point out that it too is ancient already in tech terms. aside from the 5mp camera, everything from the processor speed to the os version is outdated. especially when compared to the Nexus 1, most of the new HTC android phones, and the iphone 3gs (i absolutely hate the iphone). Not wanting to stir up trouble, just wanted to point that out.

I work for AT&T and have been waiting for an Android phone to come out for EVER! I went from the Blackberry Bold 9700 and now I use the Backflip, but honestly only because I won it in a sales contest from Motorola (and I am absolutely glad i did because its a great device). I wouldn't have bought it because i would have waited for another Android device to launch for us.

I sayy motorola BACKFLIP all the way !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links