Motorola Backflip or Palm Pre Plus?

This is a discussion on Motorola Backflip or Palm Pre Plus? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; i have both the backflip and the pre plus. i feel that the pre plus is better, only because im able to have it as ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Motorola Backflip or Palm Pre Plus?

i have both the backflip and the pre plus. i feel that the pre plus is better, only because im able to have it as a hotspot and because i like the gestures and also because its a lot faster than my backflip. i think that after the 2.1 upgrade for backflip comes out sometime between july and september that ill go back to the backflip.

WebOS is very nice, better than Android in some respects but the thing is, it isn't popular, who knows if it will continue on phones? To me WebOS reminds me of BeOS, nice, elegant but got pretty much crushed by the main OSes.

The Pre plus might very well be a better phone than the Backflip, but its your call if you want to use WebOS, myself I don't see that it has much of a future (mostly because everything HP buys ends up dying a painful death) for WebOS but its not a bad Mobile OS by any means, but just look at the number of apps for it when compared to iOS and Android.

When it comes down to it, its all about the future, if you don't get many more WebOS updates and the platform doesn't pick up any steam, you aren't going to be able to do much more with your phone than you already can, with Android and the eventual update to 2.1, the Backflip will continue to be getting lots of new apps daily for the foreseeable future.

Well I read this forum a while back, and I thought I would throw my 2 cents in not that its even worth that much but here is how I see it. I had 4 backflips all with different issues. first was the battery was bad and wouldn't charge, second was bad reception and not sending data in MMS's or even sending a text without rebooting every other text. Third well that one came from AT&T as a brick... kinda funny, and the forth came working find, but would get so hot I couldn't hold it to my head... I just had a lot of lemons. After the 4th phone I called AT&T and they agreed to let me swap out as a "courtesy" one time only to a different phone they had to offer. They wanted to trade me into a tilt 2 or a black berry curve... that just is not an option. windows mobile phones are so far behind the curve and blackberry is what i use everyday at work.. that was a big no. I asked if I could have a palm pre plus and they agreed. I am so glad they did. I love this little phone. it is superior in every way except for 3 areas. 1 the camera is not as great of resolution, but takes better pictures oddly enough. 2 it does not come with an onscreen soft keyboard for those times you don't want to slide out the tiny keyboard. and 3 the app store doesn't have near as many free apps as android market. that said I still found everything I wanted and used on the backflip for free. The battery is equally as bad as the backflip, but has better management so you have more options to save on the battery. I really wanted to like my backflip and will probably miss some aspects of it, like the killer auto correct on a message, or the HUGE market. but I will not miss all the problems, and the restriction on the phone. if you are in the market for a new phone and trying to decide between the pre and the backflip, my vote is the Pre.. you will not regret it at all. IMHO..

Quote Originally Posted by chucks1967 View Post
    Well I read this forum a while back, and I thought I would throw my 2 cents in not that its even worth that much but here is how I see it. I had 4 backflips all with different issues. first was the battery was bad and wouldn't charge, second was bad reception and not sending data in MMS's or even sending a text without rebooting every other text. Third well that one came from AT&T as a brick... kinda funny, and the forth came working find, but would get so hot I couldn't hold it to my head... I just had a lot of lemons. After the 4th phone I called AT&T and they agreed to let me swap out as a "courtesy" one time only to a different phone they had to offer. They wanted to trade me into a tilt 2 or a black berry curve... that just is not an option. windows mobile phones are so far behind the curve and blackberry is what i use everyday at work.. that was a big no. I asked if I could have a palm pre plus and they agreed. I am so glad they did. I love this little phone. it is superior in every way except for 3 areas. 1 the camera is not as great of resolution, but takes better pictures oddly enough. 2 it does not come with an onscreen soft keyboard for those times you don't want to slide out the tiny keyboard. and 3 the app store doesn't have near as many free apps as android market. that said I still found everything I wanted and used on the backflip for free. The battery is equally as bad as the backflip, but has better management so you have more options to save on the battery. I really wanted to like my backflip and will probably miss some aspects of it, like the killer auto correct on a message, or the HUGE market. but I will not miss all the problems, and the restriction on the phone. if you are in the market for a new phone and trying to decide between the pre and the backflip, my vote is the Pre.. you will not regret it at all. IMHO..
    Yeah I stopped posting in this thread regularly because I know how much Backflip owners like their phones and will ceaslessly defend them. Bottom line is that the Pre and Backflip are two different levels of phones. The Pre has the same processor as the 3GS and Droid but twice the RAM (for the Plus)

The reason the Pre can sometimes take better pictures is because it is fixed focused and has high end image processing.

The Pre has was to add to the auto correct library. And also has a on screen keyboard patch, although it has limitations.

Follow this link and join Precentral now that you re a webOS user. This is how I set up my Pre. I think that you will like many of the tweaks I have made.

My Personal Palm Pre Plus Preferred and Proposed Configuration! - PreCentral Forums

well ive read a bit of this thread, and all I can really say is, to each their own. Personally I hate the palm pre, ive used 2, and they just ran like ****. IF I was given the choice between it or the backflip, I would take the backflip hands down.

Ive owned 2 backflips. The 1st I had to replace after I took a spill off my boat into the ocean. (I really should have left my phone in my car back on shore haha) But until that little spill, it ran perfectly fine, and I didnt have any of the issues most of the people Ive seen here complain about.
    As for the 2nd, well, its the same, no issues with anything. Battery life is great and everything runs smooth and fast.

As for 1 issue, I saw some guy complaining he couldn't send or receive MMS msgs without having to reboot his phone, I wonder if he had any kind of task killer app. When they aren't setup right they can kill tasks the phone needs to run basic services like MMS. I had the same problem until I figured out how to properly setup my task killer app.

Personally Im going to stick with the backflip until I have the option to get an HTC Incredible, or a comparable device.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by muleskinner93 View Post
    i feel that the pre plus is better, only because im able to have it as a hotspot
    something I just read and had to comment on.
    I use my backflip as for internet on my PC all the time, its all about getting the right apps, and having an unlimited data plan lol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links