What do you LOVE / HATE about your BACKFLIP?

This is a discussion on What do you LOVE / HATE about your BACKFLIP? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; LOVE - 5MP Camera that flips with the keyboard - MotoBLUR - The quality feel of the metal housing HATE - Those bright capacitive buttons ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you LOVE / HATE about your BACKFLIP?

What do you LOVE / HATE about your BACKFLIP?

LOVE

- 5MP Camera that flips with the keyboard
    - MotoBLUR
    - The quality feel of the metal housing

HATE

- Those bright capacitive buttons on the bottom of the screen at night
    - Yahoo search
    - No Bluetooth Object Push

what about the rest of you guys / gals? What do you love and hate about your new Backflip?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You can do bluetooth file transfer using an app in the market called "Bluetooth File Transfer"

It's a little buggy at times, but works well for me so far

Quote Originally Posted by BigEgo View Post
    You can do bluetooth file transfer using an app in the market called "Bluetooth File Transfer"

It's a little buggy at times, but works well for me so far
    Good tip. I will check this out. I have been using an app called Androbex from the market but it only sends over bluetooth. It does not allow you to receive. This is still a large omission in my opinion. C'mon a phone like this can't receive a simple picture over bluetooth out of the box?

My only issues with the app I mentioned in the previous post are that the app froze after the last file transfer I made was completed and it only allows you to transfer files between one folder on your computer (the bluetooth exchange folder for me)

I'd love to be able to search my entire laptop for files, but that might just be something I have enabled/disabled on my laptop rather than the program itself.

Love the OS, the keyboard feels great.

My only dislike is the battery. Gone in a day. I turned the screen down to %3 power and set it to constant Battery Saver mode. I don't get constant email updates anymore but at least I get some longevity out of it. I could use some more apps on Android Market but I'm sure those will come sooner or later.

BATTERY LIFE hands down..

Other things i can deal with (i.e. yahoo search and non market apps.)

Im satisfied with the phone. My only gripe at the moment is 1.5 os but that will be addressed soon and I can be patient.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Hate:

Battery Life - for those of you using MotoBlur it must really stink.
    Voice dialing - on my Backflip the stuff it comes up with when I try to dial someone is so bad as to be ridiculous.

Love:

gmail contacts sync - I've got about 400 contacts in gmail and the sync works perfectly for me.

google calendar sync - also working perfectly for me. I use Rainlendar on both my Linux and Windows pcs and my phone, google calendar, and desktop calendars (one two different computers) stay in sync. I can make changes in one and it syncs with the others.

Customization - changed and added more stuff on this phone in two weeks than I have ever changed on any phone I owned.

Call quality - great on my phone. I wonder if some of the complaints have been by users with the volume too loud. This is the first phone I haven't had to have all the way up to hear clearly. Too loud and it distorts.

Speaker phone - with the speaker phone on I have laid the Backflip down on the passenger's seat in my truck and been able to hold a conversation while driving in a normal voice. Mic picked me up fine and I could hear the caller fine.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Hate:

Battery Life - for those of you using MotoBlur it must really stink.
    Voice dialing - on my Backflip the stuff it comes up with when I try to dial someone is so bad as to be ridiculous.
    Sorry to keep repeating this but, I solved my battery issues by disabling Google Sync. I am still using MotoBlur and I'm getting my email through hosted Exchange (Corporate Email). I am able to use my device from 7am to 12/1am and I still have about 15% battery. With Google Sync I was lucky to get 8 hours.

i sync gmail and nothingelse from google and im good from 6am till about midnight with about 35% battery left.

i have 2 accounts going into the phone(work and personal, both via google. although the work one is mostly notifications and i have to log into the company owa website to respond) and receive about 50-80 emails a day. SMS i get alot of as well prolly closer to 100 per day. im constantly using voice search and taking/sending pictures.

i dont play games on the phone and dont use any of the social widgets, but i do use the social apps alot when im bored.

so the battery life is getting better, its just a matter of training the battery and turning off the stuff you dont use. just wish it would get as good as my blackberries lol :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links