Address Book Migration

This is a discussion on Address Book Migration within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I just realized that the sub-entries in my contacts didn't migrate over when I put the info on the Backflip SIM card, is there way ...

Thread: Address Book Migration

Question Address Book Migration

I just realized that the sub-entries in my contacts didn't migrate over when I put the info on the Backflip SIM card, is there way to get them or do I have to re-enter them all?! I'm talking about under one contact on my last phone/SIM card, I may have had 3 phone #'s and when I check the contact on this phone, it's just the first #. It didn't even create a whole new entry for the other #'s, it just isn't there.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by montREALady View Post
    I just realized that the sub-entries in my contacts didn't migrate over when I put the info on the Backflip SIM card, is there way to get them or do I have to re-enter them all?! I'm talking about under one contact on my last phone/SIM card, I may have had 3 phone #'s and when I check the contact on this phone, it's just the first #. It didn't even create a whole new entry for the other #'s, it just isn't there.
    I believe the number of fields used is a limitation of SIM card storage.

What phone did you have before? (Blackberry?) It is round-about but if you can sync your contacts with Outlook (or another e-mail app, see link below) you can export them as a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file and then sync them on the MotoBlur site or with a gmail account.

Contacts Import FAQ at Motorola

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    I believe the number of fields used is a limitation of SIM card storage.

What phone did you have before? (Blackberry?) It is round-about but if you can sync your contacts with Outlook (or another e-mail app, see link below) you can export them as a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file and then sync them on the MotoBlur site or with a gmail account.

Contacts Import FAQ at Motorola
    Booo, that's a lot of work, and no, I didn't have a BB, this is my first smartphone, had an LG Shine before. Thanks though.

I would suggest, if you do decide to rebuild your contact list, that you create them in Google and just use sync to pull them down to the phone. Much easier to type on a PC than to do it all on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    I would suggest, if you do decide to rebuild your contact list, that you create them in Google and just use sync to pull them down to the phone. Much easier to type on a PC than to do it all on the phone.
    Okay thanks! I had to create a gmail account just to use this phone! I use Yahoo for my emailing!

If you have your contacts setup in Yahoo, I'm fairly certain you can import them into the Google contacts. You then could just do some clean up after getting them brought over.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by montREALady View Post
    Okay thanks! I had to create a gmail account just to use this phone! I use Yahoo for my emailing!
    Click Here for step-by-step directions for importing your stuff from Yahoo.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links