Reset My Phone?

This is a discussion on Reset My Phone? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; So I just discovered that in order to repair a problem in my phone, it is first necessary to perform a factory reset of the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reset My Phone?

Reset My Phone?

So I just discovered that in order to repair a problem in my phone, it is first necessary to perform a factory reset of the device. I have one question though: Can I somehow back-up my apps to my microsd card, perhaps archive them onto it and them reinstall them from the card once the phone is booted up? Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    When I did a reset of my phone I went into the Market place and under install it still had a list of all the apps I downloaded. Sweet. So I just went down the list and reinstalled them all.

Once the phones are rooted/unlocked, you will be able to dow ith with Astro or Estrong.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    So I just discovered that in order to repair a problem in my phone, it is first necessary to perform a factory reset of the device. I have one question though: Can I somehow back-up my apps to my microsd card, perhaps archive them onto it and them reinstall them from the card once the phone is booted up? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    When I did a reset of my phone I went into the Market place and under install it still had a list of all the apps I downloaded. Sweet. So I just went down the list and reinstalled them all.
    After the reset the apps you had previously installed will show up the first time you go to the market. Any paid apps will show up on subsequent visits, but free apps are dropped from the list after that first visit if you do not reinstall them. It seems that the market app saves the state of your phone based on your last visit.

If you go to the list of downloads and uninstall one of the free apps it also will be gone from the list of downloads on your next visit.

EDIT: read further on - I was mistaken about this.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    After the reset the apps you had previously installed will show up the first time you go to the market. Any paid apps will show up on subsequent visits, but free apps are dropped from the list after that first visit if you do not reinstall them. It seems that the market app saves the state of your phone based on your last visit.

If you go to the list of downloads and uninstall one of the free apps it also will be gone from the list of downloads on your next visit.

The ones I haven't installed still show up on my list after my first visit to reinstall them. Not sure what you are talking about cause they are still there even though I didn't install them. And this is after many visits to the market. Even the ones I uninstalled are still there.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    The ones I haven't installed still show up on my list after my first visit to reinstall them. Not sure what you are talking about cause they are still there even though I didn't install them. And this is after many visits to the market. Even the ones I uninstalled are still there.
    Well I just rechecked and tried uninstalling an app and exiting the market and you are correfct it did still show up in the downloads page afterwards. It also showed up after power cycling the phone.

My previous post was based on what happened after I did a factory reset a couple of days after I got the phone. I distinctly remember having to search the market for the apps that had been installed before the reset. Either I am senile or it was a glitch with my phone.

Just reset the device, everything happened as explained above... The apps were still in the Marketplace downloads section, all I had to do was reinstall them. Thanks for the help!!

Ever since I reset my phone it's been running MUCH MUCH better guys. Especially the battery. It's been off the charger since I guess may 9-10 this morning and it's only at 94% That's a HUGE difference from yesterday when for about 4 hours it was down at almost 60%.

This reset may have saved this Backflip life from going back to AT&T.

Ever since I reset my phone it's been running MUCH MUCH better guys. Especially the battery. It's been off the charger since I guess may 9-10 this morning and it's only at 94% That's a HUGE difference from yesterday when for about 4 hours it was down at almost 60%.

This reset may have saved this Backflip life from going back to AT&T.
    It's definitely running a bit smoother as well!

Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    It's definitely running a bit smoother as well!
    I have notice this as well. Im running full speed on processor full speed on Motorblur. The only thing I have turned off is google sync. It's now 4:30 in my area and my battery is only at 87%. Nothing changed in my rountine. HA if this stays the same by Tuesday, I definitely will not be trading this in for a Nexus One. Even Opera is functioning a little bit better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads