Question on SIM swapping

This is a discussion on Question on SIM swapping within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; N00b on here...was thinking of dropping by AT&T store and getting the backflop. Yeah, I know all the crap about it, but I guess something ...

Thread: Question on SIM swapping

Question on SIM swapping

N00b on here...was thinking of dropping by AT&T store and getting the backflop. Yeah, I know all the crap about it, but I guess something is better than nothing, and I also strongly believe the dev community will fix this thing.

That being said, can you swap sim cards around without resetting up the whole phone? ie, I get it with a new line on my family share, and it's new SIM, set up all the social stuff. If I swap in my work SIM, will it continue working, or will it expect me to set it up all over again?

Reason is I travel internationally alot, and my work phone is a bberry on AT&T, so I can use the 'flop to keep the family updated with the social stuff, while using the work sim with international data plan.

When I'm home, I can simply leave my regular personal sim installed, and use it as normal, with our shared plan's unlimited texts, and the unlimited $30 data on the line.

tks!

T

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It will still work fine. You wont have to create an account and all that again.

And welcome to the Forums.

thanks for that...
    I'm hoping it'll be OK because I *REALLY* don't wanna drop $500+ on a Nexus One.

Worst comes to worst, I can return it within the 30-day window, and only be out the $30 restock, and sometimes you can get away with having that washed away, especially on an account that's 12 years active.

I was just making sure it wasn't like the iVagin..i mean iPhone, like my wife has. If you swap the sim, it wants you to plug into iTunes to activate. And no, hers is still behind bars, as I have ENOUGH issues helping her with that POS 3GS.

What I SHOULD do, since i'm getting a line anyway, is get a 3GS, leave it sealed, and eBay/craigslist it for the $$, and then get a Nexus One..

UPDATE: Picked up the 'flip about 6PM EST...let's see how I like this crippled beast...had to go to three AT&T stores (not auth dealer) before I could find one in stock.
    I wonder if that's a good thing? Like for updates, etc...? We'll see...

Initial reaction? Dang that swinging keyboard is wierd...trackpad is annoying...must disable...
    Seems responsive enough, but OOB the screens are CROWDED with garbage, so sorting THAT stuff out will be first on To-Do list...
    Gets MUCH better signal and speeds than my wife's 3GS, even 2 inches apart on the same kitchen counter, which coincides with my test in December, using a Rogers G1...
    Even THAT old beast was faster on AT&T 3G than wifey's 3GS...

T

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links