SD card - size and replacement

This is a discussion on SD card - size and replacement within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Does anyone have the real scoop on the max size and type of SD card that may be used in the Backflip? And if so, ...

Thread: SD card - size and replacement

SD card - size and replacement

Does anyone have the real scoop on the max size and type of SD card that may be used in the Backflip? And if so, what is the proper procedure for removing the old SD card, getting the old card info onto the new SD card and installing the new SD card?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

32GB.
    You can use your phone as a USB reader and if you have a card reader or something of that sort then you can transfer the information to the new MicroSD card. If you don't have a card reader you can use your phone as a USB reader and transfer all the information to your computer. Put the new card in the phone and transfer the information from your computer to your new card.

Remember to always format your new card prior to transferring anything on it.

Thanks for the reply. But now another question. Which format scheme do I use and how do I use it? Is there a "format SD card" app built into the backflip or do I use some MS scheme from my computer? If there is an app that I can download onto my computer and use there, I can format and load up the old SD card data to the new SD card on the computer before installing the new SD card into the backflip.

You can format the card on the computer or by using your phone. either way will work.

If you are going to upgrade your SD I would recommend looking for a Class 6. There is only one 32GB available that I know of and it is $200. You can get a Class 6 8gb for around $23 from compusa.com. I have seen 16gb for under $50 but didn't check to see if they were Class 2, 4 or 6.

Best SD card class supported?

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    If you are going to upgrade your SD I would recommend looking for a Class 6. There is only one 32GB available that I know of and it is $200. You can get a Class 6 8gb for around $23 from compusa.com. I have seen 16gb for under $50 but didn't check to see if they were Class 2, 4 or 6.
    What is the "fastest" class of SD card that the backflip can take advantage of? I don't want to pay extra for a faster card if the backflip is the limiting factor... Has anybody tried transferring a large file to a class 2, class 4, class 6, class 10 card to determine if you actually get a faster transfer by upgrading class numbers?

Newegg.com has 16GB class 6 for around $47 w/ free ship. I buy all my memory and most PC components from them. Great service and fast shipping.

Thanks for the pointers for where to buy the cards, I was just wondering if a class 6 card works faster in the backflip than a class 4 or class 2 card. (Sometimes the device is the limiting factor, and I can find nothing on the Motorola website or manual that specifies what speed class it supports.)

I would guess that it does make a difference due to the fact that a class 6 was included with the phone. Motorola (or AT&T) could have saved a nickel at our expense if a cheaper card would function as well as the class 6.

you can format in your settings on the phone. If you cant find the sd menu return your phone now.
    Don't speak to me of the crunch. You know nothing of the crunch.
    You've never even been to the crunch.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links