You thought ATT did the backflip wrong?

This is a discussion on You thought ATT did the backflip wrong? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Well atleast at the moment we got the better of the 2 Android phone to be available (this one in the feature will be the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You thought ATT did the backflip wrong?

You thought ATT did the backflip wrong?

Well atleast at the moment we got the better of the 2 Android phone to be available (this one in the feature will be the next one shortly) with AT&T

Exclusive: Dell Aero hands-on and UI walkthrough (video) -- Engadget

They REMOVED Google Maps, GMAIL, and the MARKETPLACE from this phone.

WOW i can't believe they removed the marketplace that really floors me. So I guess when compared to this one coming out by AT&T were not looking so bad right now.

Give me your thoughts!

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That is some serious fail. Why would they remove the Marketplace? Strange and unnecessary!

Att really knows how to mess up some perfectly good phones dont they?I hate to see what would have happened if they got the N1.With att trying to make everything look stupid compared to the iphone its hard to get excited over their lineup.I just hoped that had changed with the Backflip,I was wrong.I still have hopes for the Backflip but that phone has NO hope lol.

I was willing to give AT&T the benefit of the doubt with regards to the Backflip, but removing Market from the phone? WTF?

This really concerns me for the future of our phone. If they do roll out an update will they remove more features from our phone with that update.......

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

I don't get it, what do they gain from removing Marketplace? It's a money-maker.

If they see Google as competition, that's fine.. but all of Marketplace?

I'm going to guess....that what we officially know as the "Android Marketplace" is just renamed something else that both Dell and AT&T control. From the looks of things, Dell heavily skins even the applications themselves. So it is possible there is some sort of "marketplace" for apps, but it is just more locked down than what we see on the Backflip.

Could it be using that new Brew platform that AT&T had announced awhile back they would be supporting more? I thought that was only for feature phones that didn't have a proper "App Store" (ala the iPhone or the other smartphones).

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    You know, I went back on my word when I said I'd never buy another AT&T branded phone again because of this stuff like this. I liked the Backflip so much that I was willing to sacrafice what I know AT&T would do to phones. After reading this and after knowing that 2.1 for Backflip will have to go through AT&T for approval, I don't want it. Reading this was actually the nail in the coffin for me taking this phone back tomorrow. I don't want to have to sit around and see if or even when 2.1 may come to the Backflip. I don't know want know if they will shut down even tighter on the phone when or even if the 2.1 will come to this phone.

I'm sorry guys, I'd like this board and all the resources given to this phone. I love AT&T service, but I hate their restricted phones. So you may not see me much on here anymore. I'm switching the Nexus 1 unbranded. I'm not mad at AT&T and their business practice, they just won't be getting my money again any time soon for a phone.

See ya.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    You know, I went back on my word when I said I'd never buy another AT&T branded phone again because of this stuff like this. I liked the Backflip so much that I was willing to sacrafice what I know AT&T would do to phones. After reading this and after knowing that 2.1 for Backflip will have to go through AT&T for approval, I don't want it. Reading this was actually the nail in the coffin for me taking this phone back tomorrow. I don't want to have to sit around and see if or even when 2.1 may come to the Backflip. I don't know want know if they will shut down even tighter on the phone when or even if the 2.1 will come to this phone.

I'm sorry guys, I'd like this board and all the resources given to this phone. I love AT&T service, but I hate their restricted phones. So you may not see me much on here anymore. I'm switching the Nexus 1 unbranded. I'm not mad at AT&T and their business practice, they just won't be getting my money again any time soon for a phone.

See ya.
    Truth be told. At&t can care less if you buy a phone from them or not. They don't make there money off the phones but the features that you pay for. At&t has great service and they know this, this is why they think they can do whatever they want and put whatever they want on there phones. Don't get me wrong, I dont knock you for going to the nexus one, one bit, just trying to give you an insight of how At&t looks at things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links