Sorry to leave y'all guys.

This is a discussion on Sorry to leave y'all guys. within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; It's not even the bigger screen or processor that drew me in. Google Voice is remarkable, better voice processor and noise reduction AMOLED screen, no ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry to leave y'all guys.

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    It's not even the bigger screen or processor that drew me in. Google Voice is remarkable, better voice processor and noise reduction AMOLED screen, no restriction, no bloatware, easier functionality, the navigation map is very accurate, better accelerometer, google sky maps work efficiently. I don't regret switch phones. I love the speech to text feature.

I mean I know the Backlfip MAY get the 2.1 upgrade, but it reconfirms my stance on why I hate buying branded phones.

I hear you on the "unbranded" phone thoughts. That is the reason I had the Nokia N95 as my last phone. It was great, and I never had to deal with stupid AT&T crap ware. Plus, when Nokia released an update, I didn't have to wait on AT&T to allow or provide it.

Still, my day isn't over yet, and I am finding it hard to abandon the Backflip. Another $200 is a lot to spend on the Nexus One. Especially when the Backflip does actually meet my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    It's not even the bigger screen or processor that drew me in. Google Voice is remarkable, better voice processor and noise reduction AMOLED screen, no restriction, no bloatware, easier functionality, the navigation map is very accurate, better accelerometer, google sky maps work efficiently. I don't regret switch phones. I love the speech to text feature.

I mean I know the Backlfip MAY get the 2.1 upgrade, but it reconfirms my stance on why I hate buying branded phones.
    I completely understand where you're coming from. But, for me, the voice dialing is unimportant and I don't have a Google Voice invite yet. I find it incredibly easy to ignore the few AT&T icons and installing non-market apps is a snap for me. I will be glad to be able to remove these items though.

I think it boils down to the N1 being a better all around media device but the BackFlip is better at being connected to your online accounts and texting. At least, that is my opinion. If the N1 were subsidized I might have considered getting one. I have to pay $30 for data either way so getting it unsubsidized has no value for me. I paid $99 for the BackFlip and there is no way I can justify paying an attitional $430 and losing the keyboard and MotoBlur.

I'm just glad we are getting more choices for Android on AT&T 3G. I am also 100% convinced we will get 2.1 on the BackFlip, with or without AT&T/Google's blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    I completely understand where you're coming from. But, for me, the voice dialing is unimportant and I don't have a Google Voice invite yet. I find it incredibly easy to ignore the few AT&T icons and installing non-market apps is a snap for me. I will be glad to be able to remove these items though.

I think it boils down to the N1 being a better all around media device but the BackFlip is better at being connected to your online accounts and texting. At least, that is my opinion. If the N1 were subsidized I might have considered getting one. I have to pay $30 for data either way so getting it unsubsidized has no value for me. I paid $99 for the BackFlip and there is no way I can justify paying an attitional $430 and losing the keyboard and MotoBlur.

I'm just glad we are getting more choices for Android on AT&T 3G. I am also 100% convinced we will get 2.1 on the BackFlip, with or without AT&T/Google's blessing.

Yeah the Backflip is more of a Social Network communicator than the N1. I definitely agree with you, and like I say I'm not trying to down the Backflip in any way, I just see the craftsman difference between HTC and Motorola. It took a long hard time for me to make the decision. I love the layout of the Backflip. But all the blowing smoke about AT&T stripping the phone is PURE BS! The phone is on average unscathed compared to what AT&T has done to phones in the past. Hell when I had the Samsung Impression, they turned of the GPS access from out of market providers like amAzeGPS or google.

It was one of the reason why I was so hesitant to want to get the phone because of what AT&T is capable of. But I was very pleased with the outcome.

I think with the high demand of Android and thousands of people upset over the LITTLE AT&T has done with the Backflip, that there may be some open light at the end of the tunnel.

And yes, I still think the BF is highly underrated.

(But I love my N1 )

Well it's nice to see that you really haven't left

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

This is a great thread and for someone like me that is new to the Android system it's educating.

Quote Originally Posted by batmania15 View Post
    Well it's nice to see that you really haven't left
    Ha, I felt "belonged" here when I had my BF.

Like a group of deformed mutants who had to stick together and look out for one another.

Well...I think this "deformed mutant" is going to stick with the Backflip. ;-) There will always be something better out there. Technology changes every day, and you have to lock in somewhere and ride it out with something "less" than others.

I just really like that keyboard.....

...now I just need to grow a third hand...

Quote Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
    Well...I think this "deformed mutant" is going to stick with the Backflip. ;-) There will always be something better out there. Technology changes every day, and you have to lock in somewhere and ride it out with something "less" than others.

I just really like that keyboard.....

...now I just need to grow a third hand...
    LOL - Well, my main thing was the voice quality. That was really my biggest peeve about the phone. I'm sure it will be address.

Quote Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
    I hear you on the "unbranded" phone thoughts. That is the reason I had the Nokia N95 as my last phone. It was great, and I never had to deal with stupid AT&T crap ware. Plus, when Nokia released an update, I didn't have to wait on AT&T to allow or provide it.

Still, my day isn't over yet, and I am finding it hard to abandon the Backflip. Another $200 is a lot to spend on the Nexus One. Especially when the Backflip does actually meet my needs.
    I feel the same, I mean I'm on my 3rd one!! *Fingers crossed*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links