Sorry to leave y'all guys.

This is a discussion on Sorry to leave y'all guys. within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I have officially returned my phone back to AT&T and ordering the Nexus One. Although I still love the way the phone is and QWERTY ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry to leave y'all guys.

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar

Sorry to leave y'all guys.

I have officially returned my phone back to AT&T and ordering the Nexus One. Although I still love the way the phone is and QWERTY keyboard, my quirks with quality supersede. I need a phone more reliable call wise, stability, and reception. Even with the uncertainty of the 2.1 upgrade is enough for me to decide to look in a new direction for a better phone. I also still want an Android, as I have now been tainted by it's great UI and customization. If I didn't hate Sprint so much, I'd be willing to get the HTC Evo 4G.

So farewell guys, I hope the Backflip get the justice it deserves.

If anyone needs a Case Mate Cover and Leather Case, I'd be more than willing to give it to anyone for free. Just pay me $5 for S&P through my pay pal account

tripled@onthelinerecords.com

Just PM on here to let me know you'd like it.

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry to see that you had to trade it in. Good luck with you new phone. No reason you can't stick around here though!!

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

Good luck with your new device. Personally I would consider getting one if it had a physical keyboard.

I swear, I'm this close to leaving myself, exchanged my phone and discovered some sort of pixelation issue that I didn't have on my last phone. The rep at the AT&T store told me I should just get the Blackberry Bold and don't even bother exchanging for the same phone, but I didn't listen!

Well my Nexus will be here tomorrow so hopefully it be worth the extra money I put into cause it was hard to depart from the Backflip as I truly believe it's a great phone with potential.

dandroid
    Sorry to hear about your experience with the BlackFlip, hope to see ya over on Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum

Don't understand the complaints about the Backflip. Yes the Backflip has "bloatware" but I came from all three versions of the iPhone and everyone of those had "bloatware". Let's list them Stocks (who uses stocks really?),iTunes (I'm sorry but it's on the computer never used it so bloatware), contacts (already have phone thanks don't need it), voice memo (come on), compass (for 3GS Pointless) but I never heard anyone complaining about that. Oh and as for Motoblur just dont sign into the networking and it's just like regular Android. Sorry to vent just wanted to state my piece.

I'm sorry guys, as much as I loved the Backflip, the Nexus kicks ass. I mean I know it's a completely different experience, but the Signal Strength alone is much improved over the Backflip. The same area where I was getting -90 dBm I'm getting -75 dBm give or take, which is a much stronger reception compared.

I miss the Motoblur greatly, however. That was definitely a great feature Motorola has developed. But Nexus will link facebook, just not the same way that Motoblur did it.

And yes, even though this is running on 2.1, I really see what people were saying was stripped from the Backflip Android OS. But it's nothing that is really that much of a big deal to be honest. The Voice commands definitely is a vast difference as the mic is not over sensative as on the Backflip. Can also multiple delete emails.

I have no problems at all with anyone hearing on this phone. That' is the most important thing to me over everything else.

I hate to say it too, but today is "Ay or Nay" day for me. I have to travel next week, and my 30 days with the Backflip ends on this coming Tuesday. So, today is the day I have to decide whether I'm keeping the Backflip, or going to the Nexus. Yesterday was the first day I started experiencing the dreaded reboots from using the camera. Also, battery life took a spill yesterday after that experience.

I know Motorola will come out with a fix for the reboot issues, as that is already in the works. And I still believe a later version of Android will be released for this phone. But....the question is when. Also, I'm not so certain there will ever be any decent aftermarket accessories for this phone. It isn't mainstream enough.

I'm torn...as I really do like the Backflip. The real keyboard is fantastic. However, that is really the only feature of the phone that I like over any other Android phone. Decisions...Decisions.... I will need to order the Nexus One today if I want to get it by Monday.

For me it's the keyboard and MotoBlur that make this phone great. I could care less about the processor and the screen size is plenty big for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links