Blog Frustrations...

This is a discussion on Blog Frustrations... within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Ok so I thought I'd take some time to vent a little about how the blogs have reacted to the backflip. I am sick of ...

Thread: Blog Frustrations...

Blog Frustrations...

Ok so I thought I'd take some time to vent a little about how the blogs have reacted to the backflip. I am sick of everyone on these blogs calling it a "tween" phone, one that is severely crippled and inferior to all other offerings in the market. Seriously? The fact that it doesn't have a snapdragon processor qualifies it as a tween phone? Does anyone not realize that most Android phones are similarly spec'd as the backflip, yet don't take so much heat by the media? Yea, yea, theres the issue about nonmarket app restrictions... but you know what? Anyone that cares could easily install nonmarket apps rather easily. Perhaps the only gripe is that it has OS 1.5... true, but the phone is OS 2.1 capable, and I'm quite certain that if motorola does not release this soon, some hacker will. Maybe the phone is no droid or nexus one... My question is, does it have to be? Does the fact that it has worse hardware classify it as a disgrace? You may not agree with me, but this "low-end tween phone" talk needs to end. It's quite frustrating.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm with you. I don't need the fastest processor in my phone anymore than I need an Alienware laptop to browse the internet and check my email. I think people just get so caught up in specs they lose sight of whether a device can actually meet their needs. I'll take the keyboard with a slower processor than an all touch screen snapdragon device without the keyboard. I text a lot and I use Social Networking a lot. I could care less about playing games on my phone and that's the only area where it seems it would really be that noticable.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    I posted this before:

Good read at Wired about why phones are still being sold with Android 1.xxx.

Only two phones sold have Android 2.xxx and only one has the latest version.
    With the Droid being updated (kind of in process now?) that will make two phones with the latest version of Android.

After hearing about people thinking the Droid is so much better than the Backflip i went to PdaDB.net and got the official specs of both phones and they are as follows

Backflip:
    Release Date: March, 2010
    53x108x15.3mm, 133g, Google Android 1.5 , 32bit Qualcomm MSM7200A, 528MHz CPU, 256MiB RAM, 512MiB ROM, 3.1" 320x480 color transflective TFT LCD, 3.5mm audio jack, GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850, UMTS1900, UMTS2100, CSD, HSCSD, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, microSD, microSDHC, TransFlash, SDIO, micro-USB port, Bluetooth, WLAN, GPS, A-GPS, Geotagging, Open-out QWERTY-type keyb., accelerometer, 4.9MP cam., AF, flash, 1380mAh removable battery

Droid:Release Date: November, 2009
    60x115.8x13.7mm, 169g, Google Android 2.0 , 32bit Texas Instruments OMAP 3430, 550MHz CPU, 256MiB RAM, 512+15258MiB ROM, 3.7" 480x854 color transflective TFT LCD, 3.5mm audio jack, CDMA800, CDMA1900, cdmaOne, CDMA2000 1xRTT, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rel. 0, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev A, microSD, microSDHC, TransFlash, SDIO, micro-USB port, Bluetooth, WLAN, GPS, A-GPS, QuickGPS, Slide-out QWERTY-type keyb., accelerometer, 4.9MP cam., AF, flash, 1390mAh removable battery

I think part of the knock on the specs is that with it just coming out, all of this years soon to be released phones will outperform it.

I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing, since as have been said, it gets the job done. It's just that it's the same kind of stuff was said about the Wii when it came out, yeah, it plays games, but it is underpowered when compared to current generation hardware.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links