Calibrating Compass

This is a discussion on Calibrating Compass within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; How long did it generally take for you to do it? I'm also guessing you have to turn GPS on to do it? I'm even ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Calibrating Compass

  1. #1
    Senior Member montREALady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    127

    Calibrating Compass

    How long did it generally take for you to do it?

    I'm also guessing you have to turn GPS on to do it?

    I'm even wondering if I'm doing the whole "figure 8" motion right! :rolleyes:

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by montREALady View Post
    How long did it generally take for you to do it?

    I'm also guessing you have to turn GPS on to do it?

    I'm even wondering if I'm doing the whole "figure 8" motion right! :rolleyes:
    Just a few seconds. You do not need the GPS on.

    Calibrate Compass

    I am going to bet that I am not the only one who did not realize that you have to tap OK to dismiss the window with the calibration instructions before you can calibrate the compass. I waved the d*mn phone around feeling silly for longer than I will admit to before I figured out what I was doing wrong. :mad:

    I like this compass from the market. It has some cool compass types, a help file, and can be used with the GPS and 3banana notes to record info with location data.

  4. #3
    Senior Member montREALady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Just a few seconds. You do not need the GPS on.

    Calibrate Compass

    I am going to bet that I am not the only one who did not realize that you have to tap OK to dismiss the window with the calibration instructions before you can calibrate the compass. I waved the d*mn phone around feeling silly for longer than I will admit to before I figured out what I was doing wrong. :mad:

    I like this compass from the market. It has some cool compass types, a help file, and can be used with the GPS and 3banana notes to record info with location data.
    Oh crappp, that's what I was doing too! LMAO! Right in front my office, looking like a fool waving the phone!

    I'll check out that compass later...

    On another note, so annoying that when using Google Maps, you can't save a location!!

  5. #4
    Senior Member batmania15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by montREALady View Post
    Oh crappp, that's what I was doing too! LMAO! Right in front my office, looking like a fool waving the phone!

    I'll check out that compass later...

    On another note, so annoying that when using Google Maps, you can't save a location!!
    Download My Maps Editor by google in the marketplace to solve that issue.

    I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

  6. #5
    Senior Member montREALady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by batmania15 View Post
    Download My Maps Editor by google in the marketplace to solve that issue.
    Man I love this forum!! Thanks!

  7. #6
    Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by montREALady View Post
    Oh crappp, that's what I was doing too! LMAO! Right in front my office, looking like a fool waving the phone!
    My wife was the only one watching me and she already knows I'm nuts.

    batmania15,

    Thanks for the tip on the map editor.

  8. #7
    Senior Member montREALady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    My wife was the only one watching me and she already knows I'm nuts.

    batmania15,

    Thanks for the tip on the map editor.
    Well I was outside on a busy street in New York City, lol!! My husband knows the same with me, and he's already tired of my "obsession" with this phone.

  9. #8
    Member Banstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    33
    My compass turns red, not green. And it never turns green no matter how many times I spin around. Oh well, it's not like I use it that much.

  10. #9
    Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by Banstyle View Post
    My compass turns red, not green. And it never turns green no matter how many times I spin around. Oh well, it's not like I use it that much.
    Sounds like an error. Try it once away from any magnetic source (TVs, monitors) and see if you get different results.

  11. #10
    Member sal2708's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    70
    try to calibrate outside, i keep facing north and it the little arrow faces abit to the left it pissed me off that its not fully facing north i just reset my phone gonna try it again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android compass calibrate source code
,

android compass calibration

,
android compass calibration source code
,
android compass error
,

atrix 2 compass calibration

,
calibrate compass samsung galaxy tab
,
compass calibrate turns red
,
compass calibration android
,

e compass calibration motorola triumph

,
galaxy note 2 calibrate compass
,
galaxy s2 compass calibration
,

galaxy tab 7.7 compass calibration

,
galaxy tab calibrate compass
,
how to calibrate samsung indulge
,
htc dna compass calibration
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum