Any Cut -> Voicemail?

This is a discussion on Any Cut -> Voicemail? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Is there a way to Any Cut to instant voicemail access? Right now I'm holding down the 1 button. I'm sure there's a dial-in number ...

Thread: Any Cut -> Voicemail?

Any Cut -> Voicemail?

Is there a way to Any Cut to instant voicemail access? Right now I'm holding down the 1 button.

I'm sure there's a dial-in number for voicemail I just don't know what it is. There was no ATT&T contact preloaded on the phone for voicemail.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banstyle View Post
    Is there a way to Any Cut to instant voicemail access? Right now I'm holding down the 1 button.

I'm sure there's a dial-in number for voicemail I just don't know what it is. There was no ATT&T contact preloaded on the phone for voicemail.
    To see your voicemail number:

menu key->settings->Call settings->voicemail

A window will popup with the voicemail number in it. Create a contact for this number.

Use AnyCut to create a direct dial shortcut for the contact you created.

Thank you kindly Marvin.. works great!

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banstyle View Post
    Thank you kindly Marvin.. works great!
    Glad to help.

At one time I had an entire screen of quick dial shortcuts as a speed dial screen. The problem is they were too easy to dial by accident.

You can use AnyCut to put a shortcut to the speed dial page in you dialer (it's under Activity in AnyCut, named 'Spd Dial'). This puts you two taps away from dialing anyone in your speed dial list.

I also ran into the 'too easy to dial' issue myself a few times. I'm addicted to the speed though. Thanks for the speed dial idea though, I'll probably resort to that eventually.

That's a great tip for speed dial. Thank you very much.

Useful info. What I did was this:

1. Create a folder on the home screen.
    2. Used AnyCut->New Short Cut->Direct Call->select the contact's phone number
    3. This creates an icon on the home screen with the contact's phone number.
    4. Move the icon into the folder that was created in Step 1.

This way, I have about 20 contacts in this folder that I contact the most. Very similar to quick dial. By the way, how many contacts does the Quick dial store?

On a related note, what is the easiest way to re-sort the contents of a folder other than to drag everything outside and re-add them to the folder? Thanks.

Voice mail

I use a free web voice mail call Youmail. I have been using this for over a year now. It allows me to forward it to where I can get them from the web as well as from my phone. And the best part is I found an youmail app for the backflip which allows me to instantly connect to youmail. Another great feature, I can set up personnel greating for any number that I choose. www.youmail.com

If you can get an invite, Voicemail on Google Voice is just amazing (Although their transcriptions suck!). Nevertheless, being able to view your voicemails like emails via Google is invaluable to me.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links