Task killer question

This is a discussion on Task killer question within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Now i have 3 tasks running: Weather Happenings News These are the stock applications. Now the thing is im not using them on my device. ...

Thread: Task killer question

Task killer question

Now i have 3 tasks running:

Weather
    Happenings
    News

These are the stock applications. Now the thing is im not using them on my device. Don't have the widgets and don't use social networking or RSS feeds. When I kill the task it frees up about 10-15mb. But they come back on there own.

Does anyone know why?

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by batmania15 View Post
    Does anyone know why?
    They are probably programmed to run in the background or as services. There is some debate over whether using an app killer to auto-kill these as they restart helps or hurts your system performance. The argument is that the app running to monitor what is starting uses as much or more resources than the stuff you auto-kill.

If you use System Panel you can see exactly what resources the app or widget is using and whether it is runing in the foreground, background, as a service, or inactive. If you tap on an app name you can also see how much CPU time the app has used since you last reboot.

I don't use happenings and on my phone it shows 53 seconds of CPU time in 46 1/2 hours since my last restart.

Memory should be freed up as needed by Android for apps in the foreground from unused apps.

I am sure there are other apps that will show the actual resources used.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links