Backflip 2.1 Capabilities?

This is a discussion on Backflip 2.1 Capabilities? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Just a general question for interesting discussion: Do you think that the Backflip will handle graphically intense features such as live wallpapers in 2.1? Also, ...

Thread: Backflip 2.1 Capabilities?

Backflip 2.1 Capabilities?

Just a general question for interesting discussion: Do you think that the Backflip will handle graphically intense features such as live wallpapers in 2.1? Also, is the Backflip multitouch capable at all for the update? I've heard people say that the Cliq is, so shouldn't the Backflip have the same capability? Also, do you think Motorola will skin the 2.1 UI like they did with 1.5, or will they leave the UI alone and simply include the motoblur widgets? I know these are all questions that will be answered in time, but what do you all think?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    I think if configured right, it can manage some things but will kill the battery worse than what it does now if they don't include some kind of better battery management.

Have you tried using the battery profiles? I find this does really good with battery life.

Yeah, these are definitely all interesting questions.

Regarding multi-touch, I would guess that the Backflip's hardware is capable of it since it is capacitive and since the Motorola Droid has multi-touch, but I don't know of any way to tell for sure...

On kind of a side note, has anyone else noticed that the capacitive touch sensor used for the screen and front buttons seems to be the same sensor? For example if you are touching a point on the screen you can't activate the menu, home, or back buttons (and does anyone besides me keep accidentally hitting these buttons when swiping downward at the bottom of the screen? ).

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    Have you tried using the battery profiles? I find this does really good with battery life.
    The changelog for the bugfixed 1.5 that's supposed to come out really soon has battery-related fixes. Also solves the camera bug.

Quote Originally Posted by techfury90 View Post
    The changelog for the bugfixed 1.5 that's supposed to come out really soon has battery-related fixes. Also solves the camera bug.
    Where did you find this change log?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links