is it possible to have video play in the background?

This is a discussion on is it possible to have video play in the background? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; question to the community- On my last phone, the moto q9h, i was able, with the Codec Coreplayer, to have video i was watching play ...

Thread: is it possible to have video play in the background?

is it possible to have video play in the background?

question to the community-
    On my last phone, the moto q9h, i was able, with the Codec Coreplayer, to have video i was watching play continuously in the background when i left the application (i.e. if i was watching something and wanted to check my e-mail or the interenet, the video would continue playing the audio over the speaker and when i switched back to the Coreplayer app, the video would be where it should be). is it possible to accomplish this with the pre-installed video player? is there one out there i could by? i know it sounds like a little thing, but it's one of those functions that when you get used to it, it's annoying to not have it anymore.
    thank's in advance for any advice you all may have, if it's not possible now, hopefully will be in the future.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I wish there was I try to do the same thing all the time with music

Its possible for music, and video as well I would imagine. Just hit home button, or bring the notifications curtain down and click on the account with new email. Then it should have a notification for your music video player, and you can click that to switch back.

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    Its possible for music, and video as well I would imagine. Just hit home button, or bring the notifications curtain down and click on the account with new email. Then it should have a notification for your music video player, and you can click that to switch back.
    thanks for the thoughts, i would try that, but when i use the video player, it goes full sreen and blocks out my notification window. When i hit the home button, it stops the video untill i re-enter the program.

I've tried to do this with the phone's video player, meridian, astro player and mvideo plus, so far no luck...

i had codec coreplayer for my Moto Q9H, and there was an option in the preferences to accomplish this...in effect, what i'd like to do is be able to lock my phone and still have the audio playing like the music player does.

here's keeping my fingers crossed that this'll be something i'll feel really stuipid when i finally figure it out...

No need to feel stupid. This works fine for music, but if it isnt working for video, then perhaps it is not possible. You can always dig through the options in the apps by hitting the 4 square key next to home(if you didnt know, it took me awhile to figure this out ). Maybe there is something in there, but my guess is it just cant be done for video. I guess they figured typically if your watching a video, your watching a video. No need to multi-task.

Exclamation Temporary Solution!!!

TEMP. WORK AROUND FOR THIS FOUND-

ok, so i was messing around last night, and i found a psedo-work around for this, or atleast to have the video continue playing while the screen is locked-

....ok, so first, so far i've only been able to do this with the Astro Player. I've tried the pre-installed video gallery player, meridian and mvideo, and none of them were able to do this....

here's what you do-
    1. in astro player, start video playing
    2. hit the quick lock (power button) on the top of the phone, this will lock the screen and stop the video.
    3. Now either hit the power button again to bring up the un-lock screen, or hit the volume buttons on the side. This on my phone started the video backup from the last stopped spot and continued playing it. Don't unlock the screen and viola! your video will continue to play while you can, say, put your phone in your pocket and move to another room or listen to Arrested Development while walking your dog!

couple things i've found too-

it seems that if you play the video in a larger playlist, once the next video starts, your screen will unlock (since astro player is basically re-starting a new video playing in the native player)

you still can't exit astro player and have the video playing while you, say, respond to a txt or check a notification. Hopefully, this will get sorted in an update, but for now, this will help out...

i'd be interested to hear if this is something only my phone is doing, or if it's a trick in the Astro player....plz let me know....

Smile App in Store (beta) that works...

Hey all, an update on this topic, i found an app that does exactly this (plays video continously in the background)...it's called UZ Media Player. It's still in the Beta phase, but as far as the past few days, it seems to be working fine on my phone. If anybody else is looking for this function, then this is it as far as i can tell....
    hope all is well out the in backflip land,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by danzemaitis View Post
    Hey all, an update on this topic, i found an app that does exactly this (plays video continously in the background)...it's called UZ Media Player. It's still in the Beta phase, but as far as the past few days, it seems to be working fine on my phone. If anybody else is looking for this function, then this is it as far as i can tell....
    hope all is well out the in backflip land,
    Dan
    Good information, Dan.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

danzemaitis, thanks! I've been looking for one and this is perfect. It's not pretty, but since I plan on just using it when I want to play vids in the background it doensn't matter.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links