Five Things I should Do?

This is a discussion on Five Things I should Do? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; OK , I'll have my phone when I get home today from work. I absolutely can't wait. I'm new to android and from reading this ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Five Things I should Do?

Five Things I should Do?

OK , I'll have my phone when I get home today from work. I absolutely can't wait.

I'm new to android and from reading this forum the past week I have figured out that I need to do certain things to optimize the phone. So what are five things I should do?

jmgib was good enough to send me a Google Voice invite so that's one thing I will do

I see a lot of talk about Handcent SMS

and a lot of talk about Opera Mini

Task killer

what should I do after I spend hours playing with the device

give me the five things/apps that you think are essential

Conor

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First thing first, give it a full charge.

Download Handcent SMS
    Download Ringdroid
    Download Astro
    Customize your home pages
    And just get to know your new phone.

I also suggest TuneWiki and Pandora!

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Con5150 View Post
    OK , I'll have my phone when I get home today from work. I absolutely can't wait.

I'm new to android and from reading this forum the past week I have figured out that I need to do certain things to optimize the phone. So what are five things I should do?

jmgib was good enough to send me a Google Voice invite so that's one thing I will do

I see a lot of talk about Handcent SMS

and a lot of talk about Opera Mini

Task killer

what should I do after I spend hours playing with the device

give me the five things/apps that you think are essential

Conor
    The biggest issue most people have is spontaneous reboots using the camera. Try your camera and video recorder. This seems to be fixed (in many cases) by making sure that your SD card has been formatted while in the phone, so if you put in a larger SD card format it in the phone.

Install a Barcode Scanner
    Install Handcent
    Install K9 Mail (more options than included e-mail app, push e-mail for all imap accounts)
    Install Aurora Search
    Install Open Search
    Join the motorola owner's forum
    Bookmark AndroLib (easier searching for apps)

If you have access to a computer before you get home you can set up your MotoBlur account then just enter the info when setting up your phone.

WOW, great help just as I thought.

Marvin , I just set up my MotoBlur accont....cheers for all the help everyone.

Marvin , when I get the phone will I just need to enter my MotoBlur account info and that's it set up on the phone?

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Con5150 View Post
    WOW, great help just as I thought.

Marvin , I just set up my MotoBlur accont....cheers for all the help everyone.

Marvin , when I get the phone will I just need to enter my MotoBlur account info and that's it set up on the phone?
    Yes - just use the same e-mail and password that you used when you set it up online.

Another thing you may want to do is to copy your contacts on your current phone to the SIM. You can then put the SIM from your current phone in your Backflip and hit the middle of the three tabs on the home screen, scroll down and tap on "Manage SIM card". You can then select to import the contacts on the SIM to your address book on the phone. Then put the SIM that came with your Backflip back into the phone.

When you first get the phone and are setting things up it may run slow while it is syncing your contacts to MotoBlur and getting info from any other sources (facebook, twitter, etc.) you enter. Let it finish syncing all this stuff before you do a lot of customization of the phone.

Try everything out before you download and install a lot of stuff, just to be sure you have no problems.

Before anything, FACTORY RESET!!! The phone seems to perform better and more reliable after a factory reset.

Then for 5 things to do, I think alof of it depends on your interests. For me I use beautiful widgets because i like the weather on my home screen. If you text or email with the phone, handscent and K-9 Mail are great.

You do need to set the battery mode to smart mode, I believe, the middle setting, so your email checks only every 15-30 min.

So , after I charge the battery do a factory reset?

Doesnt matter, just make sure you do it before you load up on apps and games.

Thanks for the advice, I'll be doing that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links