First steps

This is a discussion on First steps within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Hey guys, I just bought my backflip today. It is currently charging, but when its done what are the first things I should do? I ...

Thread: First steps

First steps

Hey guys, I just bought my backflip today. It is currently charging, but when its done what are the first things I should do? I heard soomethig about a factory reset? how do I do that?

after that, what should I do? download themes? programs?

any advice would be appreciated, thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forums. For first step I would format your sd card. Go to settings --->sd storage--->unmount sd care--->reformat.

After that I would setup all your widgets. Delete the ones off of the homescreens you are not going to use for they will take up battery life and processor power if you leave them there and have no interest in using them.

Then arrange your homescreens and widgets. Then I would open up marketplace and create an account then download some apps.

Look in the forums here for top 10 apps.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

First thing I would do is play with the battery setting to your liking. The battery will deplete quickly in it's current factory form.. I set mine to Battery Saver and dimmed the screen quite a bit, but you might find a nice balance in between. Also eliminate various Google Sync options if you don't use Gmail's calendar or contacts, etc.

For the first week or so, you will be at war with your battery life. Tips here can really help you succeed.

how do I get rid of all those pages? I dont need four pages. and why is it like bluery fizzy on the top of the screen where the time is

how do you delete apps like gmail?

Theres an edit button in the bottom right corner of your posts, so theres no need to double post.

In regards to the first question, you need a home replacement app like panda home,open home, or dxtop.

Certain apps can not be removed from the phone at this stage. Not sure if gmail is one, but theres a few options. If its a dowloaded app, go to the market, and click my downloads. Theres also an option under settings->applications. You might have to go a bit deeper but its some where in there. Also certain apps like Advanced Task Killer will have an uninstaller feature.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links