Phone Getting Hot

This is a discussion on Phone Getting Hot within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Yesterday on the train home I downloaded "NPR Live Stream and Tweet" from DApps. It played my local WNYC station and after a few minutes ...

Thread: Phone Getting Hot

Phone Getting Hot

Yesterday on the train home I downloaded "NPR Live Stream and Tweet" from DApps. It played my local WNYC station and after a few minutes it froze but on the status bar it showed an icon that it was still playing. I spent the next few minuted playing around with the phone trying to either get the app to play or to stop it in a way that the icon on the status bar would go away.

I noticed that the phone/battery got quite hot and I powered down the phone for ten minutes.

This happen anyone else? , live streaming works better on wifi or 3G?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mine does that too but has not locked up .... yet....

phone was extremely hot

Well I was charging my phone since about 1 am and now it is 4:30 am and I randomly woke up and touched my phone and it was steaming hot! I also looked at the battery life and it was only 28% while I had been charging it for a good 3 hours or so. It started off at 56% and went down to 28%. I restarted the phone and now i'm worried that it's goign to die before my alarm goes off at 8:30. I ran task killer and don't have wifi or bluetooth on so I have no idea what the problem is!

erin, have you tried charging in other outlets? If it wont charge any where, take it back for an exchange.

Con, I have used my phone as both an MP3 player and mobile gaming platform for Sega at the same time, and never experienced the kind of problem you have. The phone got quite warm, yes but not to the point it froze.

Quote Originally Posted by Con5150 View Post
    Yesterday on the train home I downloaded "NPR Live Stream and Tweet" from DApps. It played my local WNYC station and after a few minutes it froze but on the status bar it showed an icon that it was still playing. I spent the next few minuted playing around with the phone trying to either get the app to play or to stop it in a way that the icon on the status bar would go away.

I noticed that the phone/battery got quite hot and I powered down the phone for ten minutes.

This happen anyone else? , live streaming works better on wifi or 3G?
    Have you tried turning your google synchronization off?

It hasn't happened since.....I found a better app(DroidLive) for streaming radio , the NPR app and an app for WEBZ public radio didn't work all that well so maybe that was part of it. I deleted them.

Phone does get really warm when using it for awhile has happened to me a few times its almost like a hand warmer haha

mine get really hot too but only when is chargin from a wall outlet n when the batterry get hot it does not chrge at all it does the opposite, drain all the power faster. it doesnt happen when u char it via computer usb

when mine does that, usually the GPS is stuck on and the phone freezes. I yank the battery out momentarily, put it back in and power back up.

My old Nokia did that, too, but I can't remember what model it was. It was from Verizon. It lasted about a year of 300 minutes a month before I was able to throw it away and get a different one.

I don't know why it happens, but she is not alone. The phone company is full of you know what if they're arguing with her. Has she spoken with Nokia directly? Maybe they will help if the phone company won't.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links