Android 2.1 has a date

This is a discussion on Android 2.1 has a date within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by NaplesBill Sweet! What was it? I had dropped my phone about a foot and a half which for whatever reason screwed it ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Android 2.1 has a date

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    Sweet! What was it?
    I had dropped my phone about a foot and a half which for whatever reason screwed it up so that when the phone is in 3G mode it doesn't work. So I had to find out how to force it to Edge only.

Saved my life! I really wasn't interested in getting a new phone till the Desire comes out.

So... thanks!

Edit: So... a coworker of mine just came up and said "Geez, how about AT&T's 3G going down yesterday?"... So... it seems me dropping my phone was just a coincidence and my 3G works fine. When the 3G went down in our area my phone refused to switch to Edge which is why it wouldn't work! So I'm back on 3G!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambictus View Post
    I had dropped my phone about a foot and a half which for whatever reason screwed it up so that when the phone is in 3G mode it doesn't work. So I had to find out how to force it to Edge only.

Saved my life! I really wasn't interested in getting a new phone till the Desire comes out.

So... thanks!

Edit: So... a coworker of mine just came up and said "Geez, how about AT&T's 3G going down yesterday?"... So... it seems me dropping my phone was just a coincidence and my 3G works fine. When the 3G went down in our area my phone refused to switch to Edge which is why it wouldn't work! So I'm back on 3G!
    That's a pretty funny story!

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    That's a pretty funny story!
    I immediately assumed my phone was dead because the same thing happened to my wife. She dropped her Eternity about a foot and a half and it stopped connecting to the network. Sadly hers wasn't a network issue, her phone was legitimately dead. Which is why she now has a Backflip!

So was 3G down nation wide? I live in Southern Indiana and noticed my 3G wasnt working yesterday.

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    So was 3G down nation wide? I live in Southern Indiana and noticed my 3G wasnt working yesterday.

I heard there was issue here in Austin that 5 towers wasn't communicating properly with AT&T. I had spotty 3g around Austin the last couple of days. Maybe it's fixed now?

No I called AT&T today. It was one of the few times I dont actually mind dealing with them as the girl actually knew what she was doing despite not helping any one with the backflip before(which she said was a good sign as there doesnt seem to be alot of trouble with them, which i told her there was a bad batch) anyways, in the end she had me hang up after she reached me on another number, then did something to my sim card OTA. It took about 5 minuets for the Backflip to load any icons on the home screen and become responsive. She said thats normal after what she did, and off I went, and it actually seems maybe just a little bit faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
    Man, you're over here as a mod, helpin' us out, and I'm over there giving you a hard time 'cuz you gave 1 wrong answer because of a manual change?

Dang - I'm gonna go sit over there in a corner for a time out...

:rolleyes:

T
    HAHA. Were all human and make some mistakes.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

3g wasn't down nationwide as i live in nj and had full 3g all day =)... don't think the 2.1 update will get pushed back for the backflip as they are on track my friends droid got updated to 2.1 like 2-3weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by fireisbadx View Post
    3g wasn't down nationwide as i live in nj and had full 3g all day =)... don't think the 2.1 update will get pushed back for the backflip as they are on track my friends droid got updated to 2.1 like 2-3weeks ago
    Your friend had 2.0.1 as 2.1 had not been pushed out at the time the thread started.

What exactly does the update include?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links