Android 2.1 has a date

This is a discussion on Android 2.1 has a date within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Just to let everyone know hot off the press motorola has announced the 2.1 update is confirmed for Q3 of this year. https://supportforums.motorola.com/c...?view=overview...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Android 2.1 has a date

Exclamation Android 2.1 has a date

Just to let everyone know hot off the press motorola has announced the 2.1 update is confirmed for Q3 of this year.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/c...?view=overview

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

good news

thanks batmania

At least we have a definite goal to reach. was really hoping for Q2 2010. I hate waiting.

Duuude seriouslyy... lol yah I was def. Hoping sooner too.

I am perfectly fine with waiting until Q3. Just look how long the Cliq and Droid users have had to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    I am perfectly fine with waiting until Q3. Just look how long the Cliq and Droid users have had to wait.

Me too. October/November I'll have had the backflip 6/7 months......can't complain with that.

Q3 should be July-September, shouldn't it? Q4 would be October-December? Or is this one of those "fiscal year" things that randomly starts at some arbitrary point in the year?

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Q3 should be July-September, shouldn't it? Q4 would be October-December? Or is this one of those "fiscal year" things that randomly starts at some arbitrary point in the year?
    Yes and combine this with the German release and maybe some more interest will form around this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    I think Motorola's fiscal year coincides with the calendar year anyway, so Q3 means July 1st through September 31st. Phandroid commenters agree.

Considering how late Motorola can be with OTA updates, I wouldn't be surprised to see this slip to Q4. But maybe we'll get lucky and see 2.1 in July. That would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think Motorola's fiscal year coincides with the calendar year anyway, so Q3 means July 1st through September 31st. Phandroid commenters agree.

Considering how late Motorola can be with OTA updates, I wouldn't be surprised to see this slip to Q4. But maybe we'll get lucky and see 2.1 in July. That would be sweet.
    I think the one advantage here is the close relationship between the Cliq and the BackFlip. This may expedite the update (crossing fingers).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links