backflip haters

This is a discussion on backflip haters within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Con5150 When I was thinking of buying the phone I fired an email to a friend I knew was a longtime Android ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: backflip haters

Quote Originally Posted by Con5150 View Post
    When I was thinking of buying the phone I fired an email to a friend I knew was a longtime Android user.

His reply

Yes, I have an Android phone - the myTouch3g from T-Mobile. One of the things I love about Android is how it has embraced the Open Source community.

That being said, from what I've read, AT&T has crippled the backflip, basically taking away the best parts of Android, and also installing their own crap, which the user can't uninstall. While it looks like a good phone, and the price is right, I would wait to see what the new Dell Android phone is like.

Cheers!
    Well its still in the developmental stages, but the pics I saw, they completely butchered the UI. Well actually they replaced it with there own UI on top of the Droid back end. Also the model that was shown off a month or so ago at one of those tech conferences, didnt even have a market place. Now things are subject to change, so time will tell.

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Me personally it was hard and I mean real hard to depart with the backflip. But I returned it for reasons not mentioned here. I never had issues with the 1.5 OS nor the keyboard. I actually love the fact of the self portrait feature that I dearly miss, seeing how it's hard to take a snap shot on my n1. I can understand some of the disappointments of the 3rd party apps and what not, but it's not something to just **** on the phone for.

People just sit around and gripe about stuff and they don't even own it. I have seen people have the loved iPhone and gripe as hell about it on the AT&T sites.

People could have a gold brick and be pissed because it's not 24k pure but 22k.

But yeah, my girl was extremely tired of hearing me decide what I was gonna do about a phone. I was concerned about the 2.1 upgrade, but am happy for the phone.

I'll admit, when the Backflip first got reviewed by the blogs, I was heartbroken. I had been watching my wife play with her 3GS every day for months while I was stuck with a dumbphone. I nearly cracked on several occasions and joined the Apple masses, but then found a glimmer of hope when AT&T announced 5 Android phones for 2010.

I completely dismissed the Backflip until they went on sale last week at Amazon. It was only at that point that I really took a good look at it (through internet research and actually trying it in the store). Even though my Backflip has yet to arrive, I already feel like I would have been perfectly happy getting it on day 1 at full price. Now the wait is killing me.

The hate is really not surprising, considering its general source: elitist gadget bloggers.

Well I went in for an upgrade not realizing Droid was coming to AT&T until my girlfriend said something to the sales rep who informed me they would be launching one in about 2 weeks. I decided to g ahead and grab me a Pantech Reveal, but it was to basic coming from a Windows Mobile phone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links