I need to vent a little

This is a discussion on I need to vent a little within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; This is not quite on topic, but not quite off topic enough for the Off Topic section. I ordered a Backflip from Amazon Wireless a ...

Thread: I need to vent a little

I need to vent a little

This is not quite on topic, but not quite off topic enough for the Off Topic section. I ordered a Backflip from Amazon Wireless a week ago because it was a lot cheaper than buying at the AT&T store. They offer free 2 day shipping, so the estimated delivery date was Wednesday the 14th. Just found out last night that it won't arrive until Wednesday the 21st. Needless to say I am pretty annoyed. Amazon Wireless was kind enough to give me a $20 Amazon gift card to compensate for the delay, but honestly I'd rather just have my new phone right now. Their customer service was pretty good, but their shipping service is apparently crap (a warning to anyone thinking about buying from them). Sometimes I think I shouldn't be mad, since the phone was on sale for a penny, but it's the principle. Don't offer 2 day shipping if it's actually going to take over a week.

/rant

Thoughts?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow, perhaps they ran out of stock or something? I have ordered two so far (one for me, and later one for my wife), and both times they estimated the delivery as 3 days out (one for validation of my account and two for shipping), but both arrived in 2 days.

On the positive side, if this is a stock issue, this could indicate that demand for the backflip is really starting to pick up. I see that it is currently listed as the number two selling phone on amazon wireless's homepage.

Sorry you were disappointed, Zarathrustra. I know how that is, believe me.

I wouldn't hold it against Amazon, though. I've had generally excellent service from them. And I've had occasional screw ups with every vendor I've ever ordered stuff from.

Hang in there.

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Yeah if I'm not mistaken Amazon is just the middle man for selling stores. It could be the store that is selling it through Amazon might having some issues.

Iono. I have a very easy time with Amazon themselves. I'm not sure how all their system works exactly. So I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by acmasters View Post
    Wow, perhaps they ran out of stock or something?
    If that was the case I would have been a little more understanding. Here's the full story if anyone is interested:

So I ordered it on Friday evening (the 9th) and got an email from AW on the 10th saying it had been shipped. The UPS tracking confirmed that UPS received the billing info on Saturday afternoon and was awaiting the package so they could ship it. At that time the estimated delivery date was Wednesday the 14th. So in theory, the phone was in stock and on its way to UPS for shipment to me, which should have happened Monday.

The days passed and the tracking status didn't update, so I contacted AW customer service on the 14th and they told me they didn't know where the package was, only that it had definitely left their facility (which is in Kentucky). They also said they asked UPS, who apparently claimed they still hadn't received it (explaining why the tracking status wasn't updating).

On Thursday night (the 15th), the tracking status finally did update, showing that UPS had it in New Jersey of all places, at which point the delivery date changed to the 21st (a full week after the original date). The funny thing is that the shipping type listed by UPS is Ground. How could Ground shipping possibly get something from KY to NJ to CA (where I live) in 2 days?? I think AW screwed up and did standard ground shipping instead of 2-day air, but they don't want to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    I wouldn't hold it against Amazon, though. I've had generally excellent service from them.
    I've had similarly excellent experience with Amazon, too. I've ordered tons of things from them over the years and never had a shipping issue, not once. I fully expected the same level of service from AW.

However, upon reading through all the FAQs and service info on the Amazon Wireless website, I get a sense that they are a separate entity from Amazon.com. Which, as far as I'm concerned, was confirmed by this shipping failure.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, guys. I'm all done.

It's frustrating to be sure. I also got my backflip from Amazon Wireless , ordered it on the Thursday and it came on the following Tuesday like they said it would....two day shipping.....weekends not counted.

I understand your frustration Zarathustra, hang in there, it will be worth it.

And this is why I don't but from amazon. I once ordered some used cds from a middle man there. They didn't ship it for2 weeks after purchase and sent it media mail. Amazon simply said this was within there policy times for middle man so I said the hell with them.

I got mine from Amazon in two days as advertised. You may only pay for UPS Ground but they will move it however they see fit, and items do get misplaced or end up in the wrong place like lost luggage.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope you enjoy the phone though!

Quote Originally Posted by aprice View Post
    Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope you enjoy the phone though!
    I am loving the phone! Had it for almost a week now.

Quote Originally Posted by aprice View Post
    I got mine from Amazon in two days as advertised.
    I placed my order Monday evening. The order (for a contract renewal on an existing account) was verified by AT&T Tuesday morning and I was so notified. The UPS fellow was walking away from my door when I arrived home this afternoon. So, I'll call that 2-day shipping = Tues - Thurs.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links