Battery

This is a discussion on Battery within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Eliza I was wondering if someone could tell me how to change the battery on a Firex smoke detector? The smoke detectors ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Battery

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza View Post
    I was wondering if someone could tell me how to change the battery on a Firex smoke detector? The smoke detectors seem to be wired to the house with a backup battery in case the power goes out.

It's not as simple as just pulling out the old battery and popping in the new one. There's a plastic mold or case(with one red wire, one black wire, and one yellow wire) covering where the battery is held. So, basically I need to somehow remove this before I can get to the battery. Can anyone tell me the safe way to do this?

I'm not trying to get electrocuted here Any help would be appreciated.

You do realize you've posted this in a thread on a forum discussing cell phones, discussing the battery life for the Motorola Backflip phone?
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I agree with you the life of battery is running out quickly, i use a 3500mah backup battery and solar charger for my backflip.

Quote Originally Posted by dong2010 View Post
    I agree with you the life of battery is running out quickly, i use a 3500mah backup battery and solar charger for my backflip.
    Have you bothered to apply the updates from AT&T? The greatly improve the batter live, and Preclair offers better battery life then an un-updated backflip.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

It's only been a few days but the battery life is so much better with the 2.1 upgrade....it's not even close.

Is it apparent that Wifi uses significant battery when your not connected to one? Would that be because it's always monitoring/searching for one?
    Thanks

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by timbuk2 View Post
    Is it apparent that Wifi uses significant battery when your not connected to one? Would that be because it's always monitoring/searching for one?
    Thanks
    WiFi has a polling frequency... usually every 5-10 seconds it scans for new SSID's, even if you're connected to one currently. If you're not going to be using WiFi at the time, then yes, turning it off will save you some battery.

Quote Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl View Post
    Have you conditioned your battery. It helps most of the time.
    I conditioned a couple of batteries for a friends non-smart phone (or whatever they are called) and now only get about half the battery life it seems. Perhaps I waited too long.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links